dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Short lap times, but tricky, slippery hard to pass on track, which was beat up by the end.

Props to Bubba for riding great in the main after some bad crashes in practice.

Also, Reed turned his fastest lap on Lap 20, to nip Dungey in the last corner. Wow - Reed must be in shape, and that was a great ride.

Dungey had some serious brain fade at the end there to leave the door open for Chad. Losing points like that could make a big difference at the end of the year.

Canard - horrible start and trouble on the first lap. A few more Lap 1's like that, and he's out of the title hunt.

Villopoto - Fast as anyone, but throwing away the lead and going down twice killed his night.

Millsaps, Windham and Tedesco still riding fast. Stroupe showed speed but had trouble restarting.

Brayton - nice heat win, but the dude was a roadblock in the main. Blue flag means get out of the way, Justin.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Canard - horrible start and trouble on the first lap. A few more Lap 1's like that, and he's out of the title hunt.
Some of those rookie mistakes, but you gotta give him props for making back up ... 17th to 6th if I recall.

Good racing!

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
The first half of the lights was intense.

Dungey's pass on Reed had the whole stadium going. I took probably a quarter of the course for Dungey to make it happen. Reed passing him back at the end and a similar incident in his heat leaves me wondering if Dunget is ignoring his pit board or something?

fwiw, Oakland Coliseum blows.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
FWIW, my first AMA SX was at the Oakland Coliseum in '84.

RJ and Lechien in the first race of the new, white '85 Yamahas, still wearing their yellow gear.

I remember Larry Brooks and Tyson Vohland were part of a great 4 rider duel in the LCQ.

Doug Domokos, the wheelie king at intermission.

Good times.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
What the heck happened to RV? Falling is supposed to be Bubbles job? Stroupe is racing to get hurt again? Reed, wow, I mean, I hope it does not make his head big again? I lost what he was pissed about his mechanic, and or the bike, lost it. Number 1 son felt, thats it, JBS is finding his groove. Nice job for making it to spot #3 for most wins! And the lites raced for half the main? Tickle won 1!!! I am really not liking Hanson more every race. Tomac is the real deal, and Seely, better luck next time. I still enjoyed this track, for getting wet and all. It held up pretty good. I hope they never go there again.

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
For some reason I'm having a lot of trouble finding out when/where the races are airing on my cable guide.... I recorded the supercross that was on speed Sunday afternoon... but it turned out to be the one from Dodger's stadium that I had already seen.

Any idea what they are listing them under this year (Uverse)?? I always search "ama", "motocross", "supercross", and "motorcycle racing". This is the 2nd event that I've missed (SD was the 1st) because I couldn't find it.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
The upcoming TV schedule is here: http://www.supercrossonline.com/TV.aspx

The last two rounds have been next-day SX coverage on CBS, with several SX replays later in the week on Speed. The Lites have been getting shown on Sundays on Speed. In fact, after yesterday's Speed replay of Dodger Stadium SX, the showed the Oakland Lites.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Roger let Mike's dad into the pits.

samham

Nov 22, 2002
That crash and being ran over at Redbud would leave permanent mental scaring on the toughest person. Sooooooo horrific. I aslo agree that it appears those on the KTM350 are very bid disadvantage. I really feel bad for short. Mike was at least making the mains,, that is not even happening anymore......

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
SX is simply not Mike's strength.

I've said it before - He really needs to have an MX only contract.

When he was making mains and getting in to the top 10 in SX, he was on the ragged edge and way out of his comfort zone. Clearly he's taking a step back in speed this year on the orange bike, so main events are few and far between.

Dude needs to save his body for outdoors, IMO. When healthy, he's a top rider outdoors, but he's only going to get hurt doing SX.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I question anyone showing up with a bike 100 cc's smaller, and wanting to win? If the AMA changes the rules, again, and for KTM no less? Yet, the same combo, OUTDOORS 2010 seemed to hold its own, at least 1 moto victory and a few hole shots. It is not the bike.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
A big part of Alessi's success during his MX & SX career is because he's an excellent starter.

The 350 is just not getting him any holeshots this year. If he can't get top 5 starts, he's in big trouble.

Riding a wide bike (Alessi's other key to outdoor success) is great when you holeshot a 6 minute SX heat, but does not help when you are running 12th and only 8 qualify.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
The deeper field isn't helping him, either.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
He used to battle with RV and company, now he battles with racers I never heard of, and misses the main event. He was over 5 seconds a lap off the pace of JBS! Mashing grapes is looking better?

Top Bottom