nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
The only thing slightly strange about it was that when asked "What did you say to him?"--he responds abruptly, almost defensively...NOTHING! :think: I was right there and saw his jaws flappin' myself. :coocoo:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
nephron said:
Okie, by the time I got there, most were gone so I never even looked for the gates, to be truthful! :) I just started at the 's' on the SW corner and went from there. Are you talking at the end of the 3 pseudo-tables in front of the 'grandstand'?
Yup. Finish line, table, right hander.

Ryone

Jun 18, 2004
nephron said:
The only thing slightly strange about it was that when asked "What did you say to him?"--he responds abruptly, almost defensively...NOTHING! :think: I was right there and saw his jaws flappin' myself. :coocoo:

You saw his jaws flappin' while his goggles and helmet were on? I saw a close-up of it on TV and couldn't tell if any words were exchanged.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Inside.....but oh, so slow! :yikes:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
You saw his jaws flappin' while his goggles and helmet were on? I saw a close-up of it on TV and couldn't tell if any words were exchanged

1) neck muscles :blah:
2) head movement :blah:
3) Bubba leaned in to hear him better :blah:

;)

Ryone

Jun 18, 2004
I think you're looking into this a little too much, nephron. It doesn't make a difference if he said anything or not... who cares? Defensive? How was RC defensive? What does he have to hide?

Wow... you must have to be cool to use all those "blah" emoticons.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
nephron said:
1) neck muscles :blah:
2) head movement :blah:
3) Bubba leaned in to hear him better :blah:

;)

who cares...I'd like to think they were exchanging recipes for lemon bars, or better yet which flavored pop tart they prefer.

john3_16

May 17, 2004
I can't believe someone would actually critique what RC did....Looks like good sportsmanship to me and it also added some excitement to see the champ celebrate with him.....RC has always been gracious in defeat and RC was also probably a little excited to see his points race padded after having a bad night...Those guys both live in Florida and they've grown up together...A 250 SX win is a big deal to a guy who's been dreaming about it all his life and RC gave credit where credit was due...SX needs that kind of sportsmanship...

How boring is it to just give the thumbs up and riding off like you're going to cry...

pace

Nov 21, 2003
marcusgunby said:
Sorry pace but you seem a tad confused??? he missed most of the series due to a crash in the practice leading up to the main, this IMO is far far worse than crashing in the main-technically he has finished in all the mains hes started -but thats only 3 and he crashed in two. Just to remind you he missed most of the season due to the earlier crash and now cant win the series-i know you know all this, but i cant see how your answer really proves much?
I was responding to bclapham's inference that he can't stay on the bike. I think you fellas are confused. Bubba had one heavy fall that took him out in the second round. Beyond that, it's idle speculation how much he would, or would not have crashed. It's pretty difficult to crash out of races you never started, hmm..

Observe:
bclapham said:
So far, he has finished 2 and the others about 11-12!
Using the same logic, we find that Ricky didn't manage to finish a single race of the 2004 SX season, while Kevin and Chad finished all 16. You see where this line of reasoning gets us, eh? Bottom line; it's a deliberate distortion through omission of facts. ;)

The crow is pretty sour at this time of year.

-pace

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
Finally got to see 2 minutes on 2 Wheel Tuesday. Great race, RC gave JBS the respect he deserved. JBS on the podium talks like a kid, oh wait he is still a kid. Great ride, JBS, you earned it. CR had a decent ride, but was never in a position to win, the lapper incident made it look like he was more worried about RC than JBS. This years SX season didnt quite turn into the snore fest it appeared to be. Great year to be a fan.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
RC was also probably a little excited to see his points race padded after having a bad night...

Exactly what I thought. And you hypersensitives who think I ever said anything bad about RC need to pluck the frickin' cataracts from your eyes and take another look.

My question was one of curiosity---only. What exactly would he have said, and then avoided speaking about it? Because, yes, that's what happened. Again...I saw it myself. Any more haranguing, take it to the.....never mind. Too much caffeine this am.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I thought Ricky's hugfest with Stewart was a little bit much, too. I think he wanted to look like a good sport--and he is a good sport--and he just got carried away. But I liked his honest answer on the podium that he "knows how he feels winning a 250 main. I'd like to feel it again myself." That was good.

Top Bottom