how are the trails you ride on?

Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
all the trails i ride on are really rough trails, like up to my knees(sitting on bike) in water and mud, huge logs,nastly slick hills, and many rocks. i was just wondering how good the riding conditions are where you ride, not that i dont love the challenge of riding here, are there any nice good trails around where you are? or are most like mine, rough and very muddy.

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Out in Calif., trails are usually dry and bumpy(except after infrequent storms). Where I ride; 2-track with some single track, rocks and trees etc. Canada riding sounds like it has some weather challenges.

Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
hmm i keep hearing good things about turkey point...do you know if there are any camp grounds near by, this way we can stay the weekend.
i would aprechiate any info you can give me about turkey point.thanks.

dthoms

Oct 6, 2002
Y2Z,
I live and Michigan and we have a lot of different trail systems. Pretty much pick your poision, we have tight knarly trails and wide open fast stuff, and a lot of terrian in between.
Depending on the time of year the trails can be wet or dry. The DNR frowns on creek/river crossing so you won't find many of those. Lot's of camping areas near trails for travelers like your self. Spend 20 bucks to join the Michigan CCC and you will have access to all the maps and info you need to have a good time.
Some of my favorite places would be Evart, Drummond Island, Sand Town. Twin Hearted River trail, ( I think thats the name). Well actually I don't think there's any I don't really like, it just depends on the time of year and the conditions.
The trails start about 45 minutes from my house, and some of them are 8+ hours away, I've never regretted a good road trip for a day or two, three, four, or more of some great riding.

Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
wow sounds like fun, we used to have awsome trails around here like that, then the atv came along.........the rest you can imagine, HUGE ruts, good trails now swamps that are so muddy they never dry up. now atv's AND dirtbikes are banned from alot of good riding spots, i have no clue why they dragged dirtbikers into this because not even an XR650 with a HUGE knobby could make ruts that big, just ticks me off, i hope atvs dont continue to ruin it for us all.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom