how do you know what handle bars to get

Lokair

Feb 2, 2006
Ok, I have been riding alot the last two months. My buds noticed my bars sunday and they said I need a higher bend or a set of risers for my bars. The one guy who was watching me ride said no wounder my arms are so big, your bars are so short that your lifting the bike when you stand and to get any better you need to stand up more. I feel he is right my arms are tired after even a short ride, when I stand on the pegs in what I call the ready to fight position(knees slightly bent square with my shoulders) the handle bars are like 2 inches lower than I am comfortable to grip. I am not sure what bars are on my bike(moose low YZ I think), but they are in the original clamps. I am 5'11" and 230lbs, if this helps.
Thanks for any advice on this subject.
Lok

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
Take the bars off your bike and go to a dealer near you and compare them to whatever bars they have. That way you will be sure that you are getting a higher bar than what you have.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Go to Renthal or Answers website. They list the measurements for their bars. Try a tall bar. Pay attention to the all of the measurements. Try a taller bar with less sweep. The Carmichael or Windham bends tend to be a high straight bar which will help keep you forward on the bike. From there, it's just experimenting to see what you like.

Top Bottom