elcamino12sec

Jan 16, 2006
I have a 1995 kx250 with some Renthal bars. I am 6'4" and find that I am bent over quite a bit when I stand. After a day of riding I am real sore from the riding position. Can any one please recomend a bar style under 100.00 that works well for tall folks. Im not quite sure what style my current bars are but they are not very tall. I am trying to stay away from risers and clamps because of price. If you have a link or part number that would also be helpful. Thanks.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Get bars like freestyle people do! I don't know which though...

keithb7

Feb 5, 2005
I put a set of ProTaper Pastrana FMX fatty bars on my bike. I had to buy an adaptor kit to step to the oversized 1 1/8" bars, but well worth it. The Pastrana bars have a 4 3/4" rise, as well the adaptor kid added at least another inch, maybe in and a half. I am 6'2" and found this setup was a huge improvement. Have a look here at the specs and you can compare the other bar measurements.

http://www.motoworldracing.com/Pro-Taper-Contour-Taperwall-Handlebar-Signature-Bend.html

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
There are so much bends and all...How can you actually pick what kind of bars you are comfortable with?

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
If you look at the middle of the bar, there is a model number etched on it. You can go to the renthal website for the specs, and that will make it easier to pick a set that is taller. You probably have model #759-02 which is 71mm tall with a rise of 50. If you look on the website, you can estimate the bend that you need.

elcamino12sec

Jan 16, 2006
Im looking to stay with a 7/8th bar because of cost. Does any one know what 7/8th bar has a tall rise with out going to a 1 1/8 style? I have been told that the cr high is good but after looking at the specs they are only about 1 1/2 inch taller, I feel I may need a bit more than that.

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
I'm 6-9 and picked up some Deegan FMX bars made my 909 (same thing as Pro-Taper). The Deegans are 4.9 tall, while Pastrana's are 4.75. I needed every bit. Also have adapters which add 3/4 inch. My cables really are about at the limits, but there were no modifications to them.

Combined with a 1 inch taller rise in the seat and this bike ROCKS.. I hate riding everything else and none of my friends can kickstart mine :) (doesn't help having 250psi compression)

I should also note that I physically couldn't stand up on the pegs while riding before. Was just way too bent over. At least now I can stand, but it's uncomfortable. I don't care though, I wanna ride.

Micah

P.S. Contact 909 Direct for the bars. I think they are being discontinued at DennisKirk/Rocky Mtn., but they should have new ones still direct.

Top Bottom