slater

Dec 30, 2006
Hey guys,
im just wondering if there is any way i can lower a 125 2 stroke
could you lower the shocks to make it a right size for me because a 125 2 stroke is too big for me but i want 1, so any suggestions on how to make it the right size?

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
How big are you?

I'm 5'4"and the only real problem is starts in MX and slow off camber corners in the woods.

You can cut the seat foam and lower the seat height about an inch maybe even two.

You can cut the subframe and lower the seat maybe an inch.

You can have a suspension shop lower the forks and shock anywhere from an inch to four inches depending on what kind of riding you're planning on doing.

slater

Dec 30, 2006
robwbright said:
How big are you?

I'm 5'4"and the only real problem is starts in MX and slow off camber corners in the woods.

You can cut the seat foam and lower the seat height about an inch maybe even two.

You can cut the subframe and lower the seat maybe an inch.

You can have a suspension shop lower the forks and shock anywhere from an inch to four inches depending on what kind of riding you're planning on doing.

Smaller than you, im not a tall kid, im quite small, i ride woods so its a bugger for me around corners and when people infront of you stop!!, im considering a 85 but i really want a 125 so i can grow into it, i don't really want to cut foam from the seat as when i get older ill be perfect size without any height changes to the bike

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
You could get a lowering link to lower the back end, then raise the forks in the triple clamps to level the bike. Cutting the seat foam down also helps, as well as cutting the subframe. Suspension companies can also perform a lowering service by cutting the springs and revalving the suspension.

rm_racer

Mar 15, 2005
slater said:
im considering a 85 but i really want a 125 so i can grow into it, i don't really want to cut foam from the seat as when i get older ill be perfect size without any height changes to the bike

Cutting the seat foam then buying new foam later on will be alot cheaper then getting a lowering link or getting it professionaly lowered, then having to get it raised up again when you get taller.

FloGreen245

Jul 25, 2006
yep. just cut the foam with one of those turkey-meat-cutter-things. Buy a replacement seat (or just the foam) later on. Suspension should go soft enough for you. You'll grow into it.

slater

Dec 30, 2006
hey guys thanks so much for your help, ima bit stuck tho, my older bro who is 17 has a 125 2t and he was after a bike for 4 years and then he got a 125, i would seemed spoilt if i got a 125 in 2 months, and i am younger than him also :S
Maybe a 85 or 230 will do me fine =]
thanks again

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
I believe the ktm 125 has like a 36 seat hieigth (correct me if im wrong). But you could shave the foam on that and it would be the size of like an 85.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom