justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I have a 01 Gas Gas 300 coming with WP forks on it. How good are they suppose to be?? MX Tech had done my conventional Marzochis on my 00 Gas Gas. If I remember right they installed a C Cycle cartridge in them . It is nice suspension. I was curious if I will have to swap out the forks to be happy. Next weekend should be a fun time. Side by side comparison of two great bikes :)

Shawn1

Jul 4, 2001
Swap out the forks? No Way! I have a GG 01 XC200 and it's the best fork I've owned, possibly the best fork I've ridden. This fork can handle rocks and roots with awesome plushness or miles of whoops without problem. I know many people talk about revalving them and I guess if you want perfect setup for you, then that's the way to go. But for me, the fork and total suspension package of this bike is awesome as is, but then again, I'm also average weight and height, well maybe a little less than average. It's one of the main reasons I bought it. Some say the Ohlins fork option is worth the money but honestly, I've ridden both and liked mine better.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I dont think the Ohlins are worth buying -almost any fork can work really well with a knowledgable suspension tuner doing the work.

Top Bottom