How "grippy" is the SDG seat cover?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I was going to add ths to the other SDG thread but I didn't want this to get lost:scream:

I'm going to get the RM125 seat for my 250 because I heard it makes for a better cockpit. The SDG seat looks like a great deal but I've never used a gripper seat. How rough is it? Will it wear out my pants after a few rides? I don't want anyone to see my thong.:debil:

Thanks

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
RM_guy,
see my response in the other SDG thread.
Will the grip wear out your pants? doubt it.
While I have only had my SDG for 2 rides, I have used gripper covers for years. I do not notice my pants wearing out any faster in the affected areas.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Thanks

I shouldn't have a problem then. I have heard that they'll pull you pants off so I'll just make sure Gomer isn't behind me:p 'Course that won't be hard since I've heard how pokie he is:debil:

B

biglou

I rode ScottinKC's WR with the SDG seat and thought it was just about perfect for us mere mortals. It wasn't like you were velcroed in place but it wasn't like glass, either. Very similar feel to the top of my kTm seat, except the SDG has the same material on the top and sides. Plus, they're very reaasonably priced!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom