macscr125

Aug 24, 2004
if i mix motul600 at 40:1 with 93 octane, how long can i let it sit before i put it in my bike? does it HAVE to be mixed fresh or could it sit in the can for a week or 2?

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
A week or 2 is fine. I try not to go over a month myself.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
Even though EVERYBODY, including myself, shakes the fuel before gassing up. It is not necessary because almost all of the oils today never separate once mixed. It just makes us all feel better to shake it anyway. I have let my gas set for over a month with no problems. I use a metal can with a tightly fitting cap and store it in a dark cabinet.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
While at the local VP distributor, when I asked for a 5 gallon metal can one heck of an argument insued. He insisted that using a metal can would cause an explosion :pissed: So I had to settle for the plastic jug. Thats why I try not to keep in around for more than a month. :bang:

soulmate33

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 29, 2004
MXSparx said:
While at the local VP distributor, when I asked for a 5 gallon metal can one heck of an argument insued. He insisted that using a metal can would cause an explosion :pissed: So I had to settle for the plastic jug. Thats why I try not to keep in around for more than a month. :bang:

What is the deal with that? I just bought VP C-12 racing fuel in a can yesterday from a local high performance store. From VP, it comes in a 5 gallon blue metal can which had a $10 core charge on it. After I returned the can, total cost was $45 or $9 per gallon, talk about inflation.
I read an article in Motocross Action that said you start to lose octane after a week of sitting. They try to use up all of their gas that very same day after purchasing.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING FROM HAWAII !!!!!!

Tracy :ride:

Dirtvet

Jan 23, 2000
I didn't ride for 3 months and used the same gas I had in the white plastic 5 gallon jug. I could not tell the difference in my 2001 CR 250R. I'm no pro though, and if you're racing, get fresh gas.

Top Bottom