powercart

Mar 29, 2002
Hey guys, my 94 KDX200 is in the shop right now, getting new top end, fmf pipe/silencer, boysen reeds, jetted, chain and sprockets and some misc body parts. I was riding the bike bone stock before this, How much of a power increase should i get from these mods im doing??? Any other riders out there with a pimped out 94??? Thanx :)

Midhigh

~SPONSOR~
Jul 19, 2002
I have a 1996 KDX 200. FMF Fatty, Carb Mod, Larger rear sprocket. But the most exciting mod was the Delta V-Force II reed cage and reeds. It brought the bike to a life that the pipe and sprocket didn't.
Went stiffer of the rear shock.

Jimbokdx

Oct 22, 2002
Powercart,
Are you putting in new valves in your shock and forks also? I would really like to do it to my 94, but I just don't have too much of a problem with the way it rides now. Also, I hate spending a lot of money on a bike that is almost 10 years old.

The engine mods are going to blow you away. I am really curious about how your suspension work comes out.

Jimbo

powercart

Mar 29, 2002
Im just getting new springs Jimbokdx, i was thinking about getting them re-valved, but i dont think ill have the funds to do so, Im already 1500 bux into the thing, so ill see....

James51381

Mar 17, 2002
i have a 97 kdx 220 and i put on a PC pipe, FMF silencer, Vforce, jets, and sprokets. I did all at the same time so i cant tell you what made the most difference. but it no longer anything like what it was before. it pulls good low end because of the bigger sprocket, the mid is impressive, but top end is a kick in the pants, it just keeps pulling..........and pulling.
happy riding.
james

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
It'll knock your socks off!

Just because some of your suspension components are replaced does NOT negate the REQUIREMENT that they be set for your weight and riding style.

Make sure the rear sag is correct. A good number of posts on this forum will tell you how....or a number of suspension sites on the web.

Get your clickers right. A couple of clicks will make a huge difference in the performance of your bike.

All the power in the world is useless if it isn't being applied to the ground.

Have fun!!

btw...whoever is doing the work DID check your KIPS for stripped pieces, right? Can't imagine a 'topend' job wouldn't include that.

Well....yes I can imagine it, actually. Make sure it is working! (the KIPS)

Randy K

Sep 20, 2000
I have a '94 with Twin Air, no airbox lid, FMF pipe w/stock silencer, Boysen Rad valve and reeds, and jetted perfectly. The difference in these mods is tremendous to say the least, but you must get the jetting right! As a sidenote, for my 230# body, the best mod was the one tooth smaller countershaft sprocket. Best $15 I ever spent. Do this too if you ride tight stuff.

powercart

Mar 29, 2002
im only 145 lbs, and i think i want a bit more top end so im going to 1 tooth bigger on the front. I think that the increase in power will let me go one tooth bigger, but still be able to lug at the same time, hopefully...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom