munster

Sep 4, 2005
I was wondering what the max. race sag should be. I have my 98 RM 250 set at 4 inches and an inch and a half of free sag.
The bike just pounds me it turns well but the straights are tough its hard to even shift gears. But the bike seems fine in the breaking bumps.Clickers are at stock. I've tried softening the compression clicker but it is not enough.Thanks.

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
Is your chain too tight? 4 inches is close to correct, at just over 100mm. 1.5" of free sag indicates that the spring is on the stiff size for someone of your weight though. I'd make sure you have your sag measurements correct, set it to 100mm of race sag and re-check your free sag. If you free sag is over 30mm consider a softer spring. Of course, getting the shock serviced every season or two is a good idea. Don't forget to adjust the clickers as well. Start with factory settings and go from there.

good luck

munster

Sep 4, 2005
I couldn't say when the last time the shock was serviced I haven't had the bike that long. I did't realize I had a problem until I rode a buddy's bike. I think you are right with the spring being to stiff.When I got the bike it was set at 4 1/2 inchs the sag that is and the guy was a lot bigger than I and he race with it. I'm 180 There is 30 or so compression setting maybe i'll soften it up more and try it again. Thanks

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom