dsndblm

Jul 12, 2003
I jetted the bike after the top end rebuild last winter. Plug looks good at wot chop and at slower riding, nice light brown color. I have had the same plug in the bike for at least 25 hours. I still quite a lot of spooge after riding :bang: . My bike smokes more than others on the trail. Is this just something with my 88? :think:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
re: how much is normal?

Probably quite a bit. If normal means 'average' or 'common.'

How much has to be there?

None.

I used to have nothing but a bit of dry black on my bike's arrester outlet (PC) and fender. Since my last rebuild it's been running quite a bit richer...so I'm now in the 'quite a bit' category.

I'm saying I know both ends of the spectrum. Next time I want to ride less and tune more I'll fix it!

Probably not this weekend!! ;)

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
You may want to look at just switching oil. I thought spooge was a fact of life until I switched to a full synthetic. If you are jetted right - and running 36 or 40 to 1 and have spooge - try another brand.

I cannot speak more highly of Mobil 1 MX2T. There is absolutely no spooge at all - nada. KIPS valve looked like it came off the assembly line after a full season of tough riding.

Best part is - it is inexpensive and 100% full synthetic. I switched after alot of KTM two stroke guys pressured me into it. Best thing I have ever used. The ONLY down side is that there is no color change / dye for the pre-mix. I have a good routine of oil/gas - then put a caribiner ring ont he handle to identify it is mixed.

sn

dsndblm

Jul 12, 2003
I am running a 40 pilot 150 main (summer) 42 pilot 155 main (winter) I think I will try the mobil synthetic. I am now using Maxxima Castrol 927. Maybe I should just ride it. My brother always kids me and says I am way too anal to have dirtbikes!!

dsndblm

Jul 12, 2003
It always smokes more around 1/4 throttle.I dont want to lean out the pilot circuit anymore than it is now. The needle clip is second notch from the top. Maybe a needle change would help out?

bhiner

Sponsoring Member
May 12, 2002
I have used both oils 927 and Mobil Syn. and have experienced spooge with both.
Difference...
I love the smell of the 927 (castor) it just reminds me of the good ol' days it's partially synthetic and supposed to be "de-gummed"- but the Mobil is alot easier to clean-up.
I went from Mobil to 927 on a trip with a friend because I ran out of Mobil and used his gas, I'm not sure If I could go back to the Mobil if I wanted to.
You might check with someone "in the know" about if there is a problem changing from 927 to Mobil, in the old days ounce you started with a "castor bean" oil you had to stay with it. Something about the coating (Gum) that it left on the motor,other oils couldn't penetrate this Gum and you would burn out bearings and such. I am assuming this is why 927 is advertised as de-gummed.

dsndblm

Jul 12, 2003
Thanks for all the input. I'll do a little research and try a needle. I think I need just a little more fine tuning.

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
JasonWho said:
Trying a new needle wouldn't hurt. Going to a thicker (leaner) needle really cleaned mine up in that area. I didn't really go longer, just thicker. The stock needle, R1368E is a Keihin equivalent CCJ. You might want to try a CCK (R1369E). Heck, since they are about $5 a pop at www.sudco.com, you may want to try a few. There are longer, shorter, thinner, thicker ones. Here is the chart from them:

http://www.sudco.com/catalog/Page 204-205.pdf

If you try to buy one from a Kawasaki dealer, you will pay through the nose.

Hope this helps.

Keep in mind when ordering from Sudco that if you order just one needle, there is a minimum charge, a creditcard surcharge and a shipping charge. One needle at 5 all of a sudden costs more than $20. Keep the price at $5 by figuring out several possible needles you would like to try and get them all at once. Much more economical that way and you will have needles to share with others! (in this instance sharing needles is o.k.)

Top Bottom