How much tranny oil into a 03 CR250 engine?

RGalesi

Aug 19, 2002
Ok, ok... :bang:

I know it is a dumb question, but the thing is I do not have the owner's manual, and couldn't find this information engraved into the engine blocks, where I usually find this...

Here's the question: how many liters the transmission of the 2003 CR250R carries of oil? What is the recommended type (spec) of oil?

Thanks... And sorry about that...

john3_16

May 17, 2004
The manual says 22 ounces....After draining the oil set your bike on a stand and put in 22 ounces...Start it up and let it warm up a bit...shut it off and take off the oil check bolt...It should lightly weep a little oil...If a little oil doesn't slowly weep, add a little more, maybe an ounce or so...Tighten your oil check bolt and you're good to go.

RGalesi

Aug 19, 2002
Thanks, John, but...

Hum... Another dumb one: how much is an ounce in liters or gallons? We use the metric system here in Brazil, so everything (volumewise, of course) is measured in liters... Sorry to bother...

tyesai

Nov 4, 2004
My 04 CR250R manual says it takes 22oz's but it always seems like I end up putting in about 26 before it comes out the weep hole.

Aug 26, 2005
tyesai said:
My 04 CR250R manual says it takes 22oz's but it always seems like I end up putting in about 26 before it comes out the weep hole.

Similar situation here, seems like 22 is never enough to cause it to drip from the weep oil, takes considerably more.

Top Bottom