How often do u grease you bike (take a look)

dirtcrazzy

May 5, 2002
Hey everyone i am just wondering how often you grease your bike your bike includes the: steering(neak), front and rear wheel bearings, swing arm, rear linkage bearings. I would appreciate if you could tell me how often to grease them (i ride a yamaha yz 125 on a mx track? Thanks

kdxtaz

~SPONSOR~
Mar 29, 2002
It depends on how much you ride. I would say once or twice a year, or more if lots of mud & water. The wheel bearings are usually sealed, so do it when you feel roughness when you spin the wheel or feel a little play when you shake the wheel back & forth. P.S.- They usually don't put much grease on the swingarm, linkage, & head from the factory 'cuz they love to sell you new parts, so if you got the bike new & have not done it yet, then you should. :D

Last edited:

dirtcrazzy

May 5, 2002
thanks man

Yah thats what i herd the track is not muddy just a bit i would say only in certain parts but i clean everything and i dont powerwshes the seals i just lighty spray them and clean ti well i think once a year is fine..kdxtaz i appreciate it

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
I do mine twice a year, on my KX the lower shock bearing would always crumble out when I disassembled the linkage, but the rest would be fine still.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I found the grease in the swingarm of my YZ stayed in there pretty well but the head tube required greasing about every 8 months or so.

Top Bottom