how to make an 02 250 RM more trail friendly?

stevet

Jan 11, 2005
I'm looking at a used 02 Rm 250.

Would use it for trail riding, mostly fire road type stuff...not much (if any at all) tight single track.

Other than maybe installing a heavier flywheel and adding a tooth or two to the rear sprocket any other ideas?

I've grew up riding dirt, but have been riding sportbikes the last 8-years, so its been a while since i've ridden dirt bikes on a regular basis...the RM seemed pretty darn fast!

any suggestion/comments appreciated. :cool:

Agie rider 76

Apr 9, 2005
hey stevet
number one mod would be a bigger fuel tank. On my 02 RM125, i'm lucky to get an hour, maybe a bit more, out of a full tank. Yours being a 250cc, you would get maybe 30-40 mins more.
If you really want to go places, and aftermarket oversize fuel tank would be a wise investment i think..
Other than that, get some quality case protection, hand-guards....

Have fun

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
You're going in the right direction with the flywheel weight and the larger sprocket. Don't forget about bark busters and engine guards. I've heard great things about the Reckluse clutches, but I haven't ridden one (yet).

If you are going to be riding rocky terrain, you might give some consideration to putting an 18” loop on your rear rim. I would also have the suspension revalved for your weight and use. With those changes you’ll have a bike that Rodney Smith would be glad to call his own :cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom