99 RM 125 on trails and woods riding

motorcar

Oct 10, 2007
I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on modifications reccomended for using my Rm 125 for trail riding. Anyone using a flywheel weight? How about a quieter muffler. I know there are bikes more suited to trail riding, but I've already got the Rm 125. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks Jim

bclark001

Sep 12, 2007
i run a rm 250 for trails
*orv sticker
*turbine core2 spark arrester - reasonably quiet but im sure there is quieter ones
*i dream of a flywheel weight - from what i've read they help alot for tight trails
*i bought harder tires to handle more abuse
*check and lube all suspension linkage and make sure the dust covers/seals are in good condition to keep dirt out
*run a 0-ring chain and steel sprockets to minamize wear
*set up your suspension for best handling at lower speeds and banked/rut corners or what-ever type of terrrain you ride
that bike will work just well for any trail riding you want to do

asscobra

Sep 12, 2007
90% rider 10% bike ;)

all modifications makes for improvement but it really comes down to riding technique in the end

you can have the most badass 07' 4-stroke and still be eating dirt from experienced riders on an old shabby 2-stroke from late 80's

jason33

Oct 21, 2006
try a small front sprocket- small as you can get-
o ring chains are heavy!!-clean them more often ,you wont need a new one
pro series carbon fiber reeds-/pipe/silencer combo
jet according to the reed package-,and the pipe manufacturer-- call them if needed
flyweights take power away- the small front sprocket will help with power,with out needing a flyweight-
small bores arent that powerfull as it is-
good tires!

Aug 29, 2007
asscobra said:
90% rider 10% bike ;)

all modifications makes for improvement but it really comes down to riding technique in the end

you can have the most badass 07' 4-stroke and still be eating dirt from experienced riders on an old shabby 2-stroke from late 80's

this is true, i have a 99 rm125 and i blast on trails, its all how you ride it. I bet a flywheel weight would help out a lot, im thinking of getting one....

Top Bottom