DreamZx93

Nov 3, 2004
Ive got some DG silencer repacking material. The stuff that comes in a sheet. Ive got an rm125 with the oem silencer on it now. Whats the correct way to repack that thing. And what should i hold the packing to the core with. I was told electrical tape was a good idea since the tape would burn off letting the repacking material expand. Also how often should i replace that stuff. thanx for the help fellas!!!

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
A lot of times you will have to cut the packing a little so it will fit. I just did my 250 and the packing was the perfect size but when we did my buddies 125 we had to cut some off so it would fit correctly. I just wrapped it around once i think, i used regular scotch tape to hold it in place then slid the housing over it and it was done and ready to go. Good luck

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
We ripped some pink insulation off my garage walls for my buddies 99 RM 250 silencer. Wrapped around twice, taped, been good ever since. :)

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
You could vibrate the core apart in the muffler. You will also get lots of spooge everywhere, but nothing really major. If the packing pulls through the core and into the center of the muffler or into the baffles, it will plug everything up and make the bike run poorly.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
stoor said:
will it hurt the bike if u dont repack it regularly

Yes, your neighbors will get mad at you and rally together at City hall and outlaw motorcycles in the city limits. :yell: Your bike will set for years because you won't be able to sell it. :| Soon the gas in the carb will turn to lacquer and plug all the jets and the bike won't start. Eventually all the rubber will crack and fall off. Won't matter anyway because it will be illegal to ride it. :yikes:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom