topher04r1

Mar 27, 2005
hey everyone !!! thought i would make proper intorductions.

My name is chris ... lotza people call me topher ... I'am in the market right now to buy my first dirtbike, and have my eye sorta set on a yz250. I will be comming off of a 2004 R1 and trying my hand at dirt for the first time ! :ride:

looking forward to reading LOTS and LOTS from your forum and if iam way in left field please chime in and let me know b4 i buy somthing wrong !

happy motoring

:yeehaw: topher

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site topher :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc. After that grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, yada, yada. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

We have a fair number of folks in Arizona. Hopefully they will pop in and say hi! Depending on how far you are willing to drive to hook up with fellow DRNers, you might want to check out the SoCal Wrecking Crew forum for opportunities.

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

topher04r1

Mar 27, 2005
Thanks tony,

I've been riding for about 5 years now ... and 90% of that street bikes.... the most recent one ... that just sold BTW was my R1 ... god that bike was amazing.... I have pratically no off road adventures aside from going on my buddys quads (350 CC kawi lakota) ....and that was only i think 2-4 times ......Ever scence then i've been bitten by the off road bug..... and man did it get me HARD :ride: Ilve been reading all the posts i can get my hands on here for days !!! :yikes:

I mostly want to get in to Trails because I live close to a lot of good trails ....however i do live sorta near PMP Pima Motorsports Park here in tucson ... so i would like to try my hand at MX as soon as i get my feet wet for a while.

And wreck a few times also i presume ... :blah:

I am just really trying to find out what i want so far ....bike wise... I do think a 2 stroke 250 would be a whole lot of fun ... however i am just semi concerned about the suspension and my weight. i'am 6 ft 1 and 190 lbs.... :) But enough about me....lol

thanks for the friendly welcome

Last edited:

BradFrost

Jan 2, 2005
It's gunna be fun trying to 12 o'clock in the dirt with a YZ250 as your first weapon.
Good choice moving to dirt... the trees don't move like cars on the road :cool:

Top Bottom