nvdirtbiker

Jun 30, 2003
Im looking at a 1999 Husaberg FE400 for purchase...I am curious aboiut the performance of the bike. Its the previuos generation 'berg. I am currently riding a modified yamaha IT465 2 stroke. I weigh 190 pounds... intermediate /advanced riding ability. My terrain includes hills (big monster hills), sandy river washes, single and double track and fireroads. I dont do any motocross...but G-outs are a major factor. Is this a suitable bike for my wieght/ability/terrain? What are the good things about the berg...what are the bad? Any help would be appreciated. Oh yes..the bike has the wide ratio 6 speed transmission.

Nath

Jun 28, 2003
The old bergs (pre 2003-4) all had a lot reliability issues.

Get a husky WR360 or a 250 for a bigger grin. If you got the cash or funds get a new TE450. Now thats a weapon.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by Nath
Get a husky WR360 or a 250 for a bigger grin.
Care to elaborate? Why not break the needle off the meter with a CR500AF? Using my super powers of deductive reasoning I'll venture your a Husky owner. :laugh:

nvdirtbiker

Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by Unkle Moose
nvdirtbiker the Bergs are wonderful bikes, I own an fe501e and could not be happier. The best place to go for info on Husabergs is www.husaberg.org

Good Luck

Thanks for the advice..I did just as you said, and got some GREAT feedback from berg owners!

Top Bottom