tm-enduro

Mar 7, 2001
If you've ever ridden a Husaberg you know that they are awesome, but have some chinks in the armor. Hopefully the '04 models (built in Austria) have repaired the chinks.
FE470e

tm-enduro

Mar 7, 2001
Originally posted by scottyr
Now all they have to do is put the kick starter on the right side.....
The auto decompressor works so well that it is criminally easy to kick over, but that doesn't matter, because I've never needed to used the kicker to start the bike.

gasgasman

Sponsoring Member
Feb 15, 2000
I have KTM RXC with the left kicker-I really like it. After kicking the bike your foot is already close to the shift lever. You don't have to switch legs to get going.

It looks like the Whos-in-berg has a lot of "main stream" parts on it.
Rumors had it that they were getting an aluminum frame for '04. :|

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Hmm...I rode 380EXCMan's Berg down at Dirtweek and fell in love w/ it, except for that damn left-sided kick start w/ a throw that started straight up 12 o'clock. Now that the enduro has electric start w/ Kokusan ignition, it might be time to go Berg. This bike handled WAY better than my 03 EXC and runs better. I like it :thumb:

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Oh yeah that 550 had a ton of power. If the Husabergs where gonna be out as soon as the KTM's I would probably get one. They are on the 4 year with their current motor (which has turned out to be quite reliable). They are being built by KTM and updated for 04 with what all current and previous Husaberg owners had been wanting, an FCR carb and Japanese ignition. This should be a good year for Husaberg. So long as the US importer doesnt flake out......

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
How does the 'berg compare to the Husky? Don't suppose anyone has ridden the TE450 yet, but what about the TE410 versus the FE400/450? Steering, stability, etc. Seems like they are in a class by themselves, based on some reviews and rider comments, but I've never read anyone comparing the two.

Nath

Jun 28, 2003
I have read a comparison b/w the husky, berg, tm, ktm, vor, gas, xr400, wr450 and drz400.

The husky and ktm had heaps of power but the berg was silky smooth. Personally, i prefer the delivary of the husky.

The husky and berg had the sweetest note over all the bikes.

Anyone want any more info?

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by Nath
The husky and berg had the sweetest note over all the bikes.

Anyone want any more info?
Definitely. Don't know much about either brands, but am very intrigued by what little I've read so far.

Top Bottom