Mike Egan

Dec 31, 2001
Anybody got any thoughts regarding a 41mm Keihin FCR carb into a '99 Husky TE410. Was fitted to a Klx650 which has been onsold and ended up with the carb left over. Can't decide if i would be giving myself all sorts of issues regarding starting, bore wash etc.
also looking for any manuals, info,advice that might be available -
euro bikes are still a bit frowned on in little old New Zealand.
Sorry for my ranting but new to this forum thing and would appreciate any input

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
I believe the carb is too big for your needs. That Husky engine is really an enduro engine and does not rev to 13,000 RPM. If I remember correctly, the ports and valves will not support a carb that large. I seem to remember 37mm or so as about the right size.

Chris

Taliesin

May 11, 2000
I know that some people have used the FCR41 in europe on the TE400.But as Cujet says this engine is'nt a rever.The standard throat size is 36mm if possible I wouldn't go bigger than a 37mm FCR. 41mm is just too much a throat size if you used the 610 inlet stub there is no prblem in matching up tho.The TE400 single cam engine has a very mild camshaft & smallish valves.Even last week I was talking to a tuner about the new DOHC SMR/TE 450 titanium valved Husky (Not widely available yet -None in USA) & the German/French & Brit Tuners are finding the valves are too small for power.The bike can't compete with the CRF yet untill they can get bigger valves.

Top Bottom