I actually got to ride my toy finally

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
HI,
well after waiting months with my brand new 220 sitting in the garage, I got to take it out this weekend. My riding skills are not as smooth as i had remembered, and I couldn't seem to shift to save my life. It may be that my thick boots are too thick to allow the shifter to come back down all the way, has anyone else had this problem, and would possibly a longer shifter work? Or should I just learn to deal with it.

GeoffM24

~SPONSOR~
Jan 19, 2003
Make sure your shift lever is set at the correct height for you and your boots.

I just got a new (to me) bike and the shifter is in the perfect spot but a buddy with a brand new bike had his WAY too low and was a beast to shift.

MDA

May 27, 2002
Congratulations on your new ride... It's a great feeling to take out the green monster for the first time.

My boots were new when I got my bike. I had to break them in properly before I felt comfortable shifting (missed quite a few ****s the first time out). I got the hang of it quickly enough. Like was said before, double check the angle on your shifter to make sure it well suited for you and if your boots are new, put some time in them, and they should relax a bit (I wore mine around the house much to my wife's dismay).

Oh, and if you thought the first ride was good, wait until the next one... it gets even better.

-Mark-

RIRider

Sep 16, 1999
Just an FYI - totally remove the shift lever bolt to slide the shift lever off the splined shaft to reposition shift lever. No offense intended.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
I'll try moving the shift lever up a few splines, I too broke my boots in by wearing them arround the house, I think the gf took pics of me in shorts and boots with a beer in my hand grilling. I missed shifts soo bad I questioned my ability to ride.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom