stormer94

~SPONSOR~
May 30, 2001
I'm logged in, I can post, I can reply to topics, but when I go to edit a post (usually because I notice a nasty spelling error), I am unable to, and get the following message.

"...DRN Forum Message
Either you do not have permission to access this portion of the site (or feature) or ... You need to register / be a member to view the forums. Click the link below "Want to register" to join. "Freebie" Email Accounts such as Hotmail & Yahoo Can NOT be used to register, sorry. You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page/function. This could be due to one of several reasons:
You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
You do not have permission to access the page/function that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Logged in user: stormer94 [logout]..."

Alright, what did I miss? Am I outta the loop?

Thanks,
-Bob

atc3434`

~SPONSOR~
Nov 1, 2001
So, the none subscribers can't even edit? I checked out that link, I didn't see editing posts as a perk, but hey, you do what you gotta do. Worth my bucks every year, thats for sure!

stormer94

~SPONSOR~
May 30, 2001
I guess I'll pay the $14 bucks, I have found the sites occupants knowledgable and helpful. But I gotta tell you right up front, That back in the day when you posted a lot and were a part of the forums that you were eventually given an Avatar when you finally had a pile of posts. I, and some freinds of mine that hang here, all looked forward to that as a nice little fun perk. "Don't bother asking us either, as that just puts you further down the list"... You guys were pretty harsh on the Avatar beggers. =0)

Now we can buy them.... I spent a lot of time here just hoping one day to have a cool Avatar of my very own. I just feel cheated somehow.

Happy to have a nice place to hang. I'll go subscribe and buy my Avatar.

-Bob

stormer94

~SPONSOR~
May 30, 2001
There, "I'm in"... =0)

Now I can edit my poor spelling so I don't look like a more-on, mooron, mohron, mowron... MORON.... =)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Sorry... custom avatars have never been for sale.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by Okiewan
Sorry... custom avatars have never been for sale.
Actually I think we did ONCE. Remember the auction for JG? That was one avitar one time for a good cause, granted the other 99.99999999% of the time the statement is true. :)

stormer94 look at the bright side, now you don't need to post a lot to get one. Just be recognised as a great member and you'll get nominated by one of the moderators. Might take a little while or it might take longer but the custom art work is a sign of a stellar member now and not just a prolific poster or old timer. :thumb:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Originally posted by Patman

and not just a prolific poster or old timer. :thumb:

:confused:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Originally posted by stormer94
There, "I'm in"... =0)

Now I can edit my poor spelling so I don't look like a more-on, mooron, mohron, mowron... MORON.... =)
MAROON!

This one time, on DRN, there was this guy that posted 4,986,237 times in a year. Apparently the guy thought he was going to post his way to avatar heaven.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by Julius Pleaser
there was this guy that posted 4,986,237 times in a year. Apparently the guy thought he was going to post his way to avatar heaven.

It worked didn't it? I mean they actually made me a moderator too :)

Ivan

stormer94

~SPONSOR~
May 30, 2001
You know what they say. "...is it REALLY a good idea to join any club or organization that would have me as a member..." :confused:

stormer94

~SPONSOR~
May 30, 2001
Okie,

So how do I get rid of the Avatar I have now? This subscriber one.

<------

Like to whip up something a little slicker. :)

Thanks,
-Bob

stormer94

~SPONSOR~
May 30, 2001
You can't make your own... there is only one custom avatar maker. There are several stock ones to choose from though... see "your cp".

How do I hook up with the "custom avatar maker"?

Thanks for the info.

stormer94

~SPONSOR~
May 30, 2001
bummer.

Danman, I see you could get tricked out in the avatar area... I'll nominate you, you nominate me. :laugh:

Oh well, worth a shot. :thumb:

-Bob

stormer94

~SPONSOR~
May 30, 2001
atc3434,

Thanks man. :) Ah, the good old days.

I can't believe that was me 20 years ago... and about 45 pounds ago... :scream: I need to update that page pretty bad, I've gotten 4-5 new bikes since then, some neat vintage stuff, and my chopper . <---click it

To many toys, not enough garage. ;)

stormer94

~SPONSOR~
May 30, 2001
gwcrim,

I actually use the front tire on the chopper as my Avatar on a lowrider forum I frequent. (not sure why I don't use a picture of the car)

<---also into hopping cars. :)

3-4_Front_up.jpg

Last edited:

supahd

Apr 11, 2003
I cannot seem to reply to a thread I started that has since been moved. I imagine it's because I'm not a subscriber and the thread was moved to a subscriber only area..... not cool.

supahd

Apr 11, 2003
when I goto read the......... ohhh....... nevermind it's a private message.... which you have to be a subscriber to read... silly me.....

supahd

Apr 11, 2003
when I goto read the......... ohhh....... nevermind it's a private message.... which you have to be a subscriber to read... silly me.....

Top Bottom