dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
It's been a while since I've checked in. I guess now is as good a time as any. For the last year I've been struggling with a few things, but the struggle is over. Sometimes you don't know what you were destined for until it walks up and introduces itself.

My father has been aware that on the job front I just haven't been able to find what I really was looking for. So he was skimming the classifieds a few weeks back and found an ad for an automotive parts distributor looking for someone with my experience and qualifications. He passed the ad onto me and since it was close to home I figured what the hell. I emailed my cover letter and resume that day. I got a call two days later to come in and interview. The second I walked in the front door I knew that this was where I wanted to be. I was greeted by the VP and his boss. The interview was a walk in the park. I was instantly impressed with what they had to offer and the potential this position held for me. As I found out later they were equally impressed with me. (insert self-administered pat on the back here.) I walked out feeling confident that I was going to be working for them in the very near future. Turns out I was right... the next afternoon Geoff (the VP) calls me and asks if he and I could meet casually to discuss a few things. DING DING! He and I walked through my official contract of employment, toured the new facilities and picked my office. So as of tomorrow I start my new career as the Operations Guru of the Washington location for Altrom Autoparts USA. :aj:

Altrom is an import automotive parts distributor. For those of you who shop at NAPA Autoparts you've probably purchased some of our parts. (NAPA is both a family member and a client.) I have a general idea of what I will be doing once we have moved the old warehouse to our new location, but there is still so much that needs to be structured for this position. Geoff and I will be working on completing the foundation of my official responsibilities over the next 6 months - a year. I am so excited I can't even think straight right now. I get to play with car parts and get paid doing it!!! :aj: I'm still in shock over the whole thing. The sky is the limit with this company and Geoff has indicated that he is more than happy to help me climb the corporate ladder as high as I want to go and I am more than happy to take him up on his offer. VP here I come. :)

So what happened to the cop gig? Well, sometimes life gives you a new road that you never knew existed and that road can take you to great places... I'm going to see how high this road will take me. :yeehaw:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Congrats ~d~ ... Kick butt and follow your dreams.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
So no cop uniform for Diane?

Bummer.

j/k Congrats D!!

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
Anytime you can enjoy what you do for a living, it's a plus. Congrats.

Mark

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
YEA !!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Always love to hear good news.

mully

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Good for you, Diane.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Well when we finally get to catch up on the phone, you can tell me more about it!! Congrats!!!!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Good stuff D! Hope the new gig ROCKS! :aj:

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Thanks everyone!

Today was awesome. I met the entire crew and they all seem like great people. Geoff and I took turns exchanging smartass comments and sick jokes... I felt right at home. :) He's pretty sure that within 6-8 months I'll be able to hire a few people to help me so I can kick back in my office and enjoy the title of manager. :eek: (Still pinching myself today.)

Bob, who's to say I don't have that cop uniform already? ;)

Dave, my reason for passing on the opportunity to become law enforcement probably won't make sense, but I will say that the reason was selfless and I don't regret it one bit.

Nat, you will be hearing from me very soon.

shiftless

DRN MOM
Sep 30, 2000
Hey Diane, Congratulations!! Pokie and I are very happy for you and wish you all the best in this new and exciting endeavor. Kick butt, girl.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Cool stuff D! I imagine the stress level will be less than if you were a copper. :)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Tony Eeds said:
Congrats ~d~ ... Kick butt and follow your dreams.
Right ON!:cool: :aj:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Congratulations D! I am so happy for you! This is so exciting!

I must admit, I'm a bit jealous, as I've been struggling since I moved back home with trying to figure what direction I'd like to take my career. You're post has inspired me...I already knew I was going to go back to school in the spring, but I was iffy about it, I didn't know if I really wanted to get into accounting or if I wanted to go another direction. I now know that I am 100% going to head in that direction and follow my dreams of one day owning my own Accounting firm. Your post has shown me that it pays to follow your dreams, it will pay off in the long run!

Thanks D and congrats again! You rock sista!!! :cool:

Top Bottom