Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
But....
The grass is turning green and the trees budding, can only mean one thing...

TIME TO RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

These are the good times ladies and gentlemen. There is no better riding/racing season than RIGHT NOW. This year. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm going to enjoy every day this year. There are days when I ride that I feel like the MX gods would shoot me down, there are days when everything is perfect... but all of them are days riding. All of them are days that I know I'm living, that I'm alive. There are so many that will never understand the rush of pushing their limit. They go to work, eat and go to bed, just to start it all over again.

We, my friends, are a different breed. Some may think we’re crazy; “you might get hurt’ .. they just don’t understand. I see my 63 year-old dad (Pokie) out there knocking out laps and feel good in the thought that life doesn’t end at 50. Or 60. Life is what you make it. We… those nuts riding dirtbikes, refuse to, grow up… maybe? But. We are having one hell of a good time.

Here’s to a great season for everyone. Enjoy it. Really enjoy it.

yz250-effer

Nov 4, 2000
You got that right!

;)

Hey, better to go out with all your parts expiring at the same time, eh? What's the use of a good knee when your one of the life supporting organs go when your 78 or 80 anyhow?
But here in AZ we have been riding ALL winter. Now it is time to sweat!

Johnrock

Jul 27, 1999
Beaverton, OR
.....and in Oregon, MUD!!! :aj:

Went out last weekend for the first ride of the season. Crackling fire, s'mores, bench racin', and prying the kids off their bikes 'cause it's too dark to see, that's my kind of quality family time.

Testify, Brother Okie! :)

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
just got back from a nite race. man, i love nite racing. the moisture comes up through the dirt and the track gets all tacky, no dust.

except i'm getting old and losing my nite vision... :eek:

cr125_king

Apr 2, 2001
Nothin beats the taste of fresh spring grass and mud :cool: . I love spring riding. It's the best riding of all year...lots of mud, snow, fresh grass, no dust, big creek crossings ,and those nice slippery logs and roots . It also aint as harsh on the old tires. Image only going through a few tires in a year instead of plenty!. If only it was muddy all year. :aj: .

_j0kA_.....knock on wood!!! :moon:

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
You know last year about this time I went out riding and ended up in the emergency room. Missed week of work. When I came back to work my foreman asked if I was going to grow up and quit riding I told him HELL NO! It`s just something he wouldn`t understand.

yz250-effer

Nov 4, 2000
Originally posted by Okiewan
But here in AZ we have been riding ALL winter. Now it is time to sweat!
yea, yea, yea...
But we get to ride in DIRT.... :moon:

Yes, you got me on that one. I think we have the worst "ground covering" ( I can't call it dirt!) in the U.S. A mixture of clay, rocks and sand and of course, cactus. Rear tires go quick here! :eek:

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
It would be great riding here except for all the mud... Oh well, by the time I have the top end on the "mean green submarine" it will be time to ride!

Lee W.

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
Lol I hear ya. Round here riding is year round. But I just cant seem to get the older guys out riding. Something about "too cold"?

I dont care if its 20 degrees and snow is on the ground, it just gives me a chance to wear all of my jersey's at once!!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Did I mention 70 degrees, not a cloud in the sky and a freshly disc'd, moist private track? Today!! Only one negative; Rich will be there waiting to plant me for the trash I've been throwing his way this week :scream:

BOOOOO YAHHHHH. Life is good. I hope everyone has as good a time as I plan to today :moon: :moon:

Buhbye!!!

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
Nicely put, Okie. ;)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Okie, it's time for YOU to enjoy the way of life we on the west coast are blessed to enjoy a little more often. You've spent enough time here making it a better place. We will understand if we see a large drop in your posts. Enjoy my brother, be safe and have a blast.
Elk

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
We've got the spring rain. Makes for getting your rut-riding skills honed. Have fun.

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Okie man you took the words right out of my mouth. Here in Canada it's hard when the snow falls and you know you can't ride. I have finally payed off my bike, I have new parts on the bike. The suspension is getting done in 3 weeks. I dream about wicking it wide open on the face of a jump everyday. For some reason I think this will be a good year for riding. I can't explain it, all I know is today I could drive with my window down, sunshining and seing very small amounts of snow. :aj:
I have never felt so alive, ever. I am glad I chose this life, I would never give it up and I will never have any regrets.

I wish for everyone to have a good season this year, maybe it will different for everyone.

You only live once, we are making the full potential of that. Don't ever have any regrets. Ever

all the best in 02 :aj:

Top Bottom