Firemedic530

Nov 12, 2000
We went to New Vienna MX today and I begged and pleaded to try a guys broken in CRF450. I have owned many XR's 200-600, a WR400 and currently the DRZ. I was surprised at the weight and loved the power for MX. It rev's much quicker than the Z, but is just as smooth and just as easy to ride. I think it would make a good hare-scrambles machine as well. I would keep the Z for enduros, if I had the option. I rode in some very limited woods, but when I tried to lug it down and do some trials type tight woods riding I felt like I was on a light flywheel, tall geared mx suspended bike:think Please Honda make this with an 18" wheel, heavier(slightly) flywheel off-road bike.
This bike has been ridden on three mx tracks since break in and is easy to start, doesn't smoke, doesn't make any odd noises, but the idle does seem to float around a little. It probably changes 200 rpm for no apparent reason when just sitting:think I just thought I'd share my experience today. There were two other CRF's at the track and they also appeared to start and run fine. Tim

MotoGreg

Sep 23, 2001
It's amazing how popular you are at the track now if you show up with a CRF. I let one guy ride mine today, I was a little nervous but he did two easy laps and everything was cool. I offered to let someone else ride it today... Jeremy McGrath.... he was asking about it and I asked him if he'd like to ride it, he said ya but "I'm not allowed to".

dheard4992

Feb 25, 2001
two weeks with crf

yesterday i traded with a wr400 a 426f a250f and a 01 cr250 and the crf for my 200lb out of shape trying to get faster self was head and shoulders plusher, better handling and easier to go fast on and to top it off it starts as easy as my 99 rm250

Top Bottom