Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
The 2008 250 XC-W E start is in! Godda wait for 10 days until a few of the goodies arrive though. :think: The "Euro light kit" won't be in for a while.

Steve from Lansing Cycle was nice enough to start it over the phone so I could hear the electric starter work. :nod:

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
Lake Cycle got there first one in yesterday. The 08's are a good looking bike. New bikes are fun, all the decisions on what do dads to buy.
I picked up a 200XCW. A fiew heat cycles today and a little ride tomorrow. :nener:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
TCTrailrider said:
Lake Cycle got there first one in yesterday. The 08's are a good looking bike. New bikes are fun, all the decisions on what do dads to buy.
I picked up a 200XCW. A fiew heat cycles today and a little ride tomorrow. :nener:

We're gonna havta swap bike some day for a little while. You got an auto clutch for it?

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
TCTrailrider said:
:cool:

I'd be curious to get your impression of it compared to the 250F. It's a great bike... Kinda like a barely broken Mustang or mistress... She'll keep you busy, but will excite the senses like no other ride!

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Hey Fred.... I've got a guy VERY interested in picking up a nice, used KTM 250. He was at Harrison but never got a chance to find you or your bike. I think he'll be at Wolverine.

Shoot me a e-mail if interested and to let me know timing...

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Smit-Dog said:
Hey Fred.... I've got a guy VERY interested in picking up a nice, used KTM 250. He was at Harrison but never got a chance to find you or your bike. I think he'll be at Wolverine.

Shoot me a e-mail if interested and to let me know timing...

I sent you an email to comcast acct

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
TCTrailrider said:

Denny: are you adding to the stable or replacing one?

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
katoom125 said:
Denny: are you adding to the stable or replacing one?

Probably replacing but I need some seat time before I decide. Like the 250 but its fun to ride different stuff. Just finished my 3rd easy heat cycle ride and will get it in the woods tomorrow. Feather light, 208 without fuel. The new seat design is very thin AKA hard. The motor is surprisingly strong, no falling asleep on this one.

Fred, no auto clutch at this time. Sometimes I like the auto, sometimes not.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
The Sicass Racing / EE soft seat is a huge improvement over my '04 seat. You can sell your new seat fairly easily online to recup about 1/2 the cost.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Smit-Dog said:
The Sicass Racing / EE soft seat is a huge improvement over my '04 seat. You can sell your new seat fairly easily online to recup about 1/2 the cost.

Thats not the problem, there are no aftermarket seats available for the 2008's yet. EE is working on them, for now it's 2 X 4 time.
FT

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
Maybe it will force me to stand up more. Spent the afternoon in the garage giving it the anti seize treatment. Surprised it has the high speed compression adjuster on the shock, external preload adjusters on the forks. Fit and finish is excellent. Wheel hubs are polished and look very good, DW must have sent a suggestion. The radiators are tough. Appear to be steel rather than aluminum, even the fins. I'll probably get guards but these look very durable.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
TCTrailrider said:
Maybe it will force me to stand up more. Spent the afternoon in the garage giving it the anti seize treatment. Surprised it has the high speed compression adjuster on the shock, external preload adjusters on the forks. Fit and finish is excellent. Wheel hubs are polished and look very good, DW must have sent a suggestion. The radiators are tough. Appear to be steel rather than aluminum, even the fins. I'll probably get guards but these look very durable.

I have BPD's on order. Can't use the one's off the 2007 so the lucky guy that gets that bike will get nice rad guards.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
TCTrailrider said:
Just finished my 3rd easy heat cycle ride and will get it in the woods tomorrow.
Quit dicking around you aren’t potty training a 2 yr old... :ride:

Last edited:

YZ/250

Dec 17, 2006
Fred T said:
The 2008 250 XC-W E start is in! Godda wait for 10 days until a few of the goodies arrive though. :think: The "Euro light kit" won't be in for a while.

Steve from Lansing Cycle was nice enough to start it over the phone so I could hear the electric starter work. :nod:
You lucky man!!! Im still waiting for the 2008 xc250 to come in at my local dealer. I called three times last week to see if they came in yet!

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
I did 25 miles on the Grand Traverse loop yesterday on the new 200. Dry conditions, no rain for a week. Took is easy for the first several miles to get some time on the motor. No auto clutch so I had to retrain the left hand.
The front forks are breaking in nicely and even with the light stock springs the suspension is good. Pleasantly surprised with the motor, lugs much better than expected and really lights up in the mid range. Its very light and carves turns like a knife. Tracks extremely well in the deep loose sand. I didn't find myself shifting more often that on the 250F. 4th gear is good on the ORV stuff with an occasional move to 3 or 5th. Its a keeper.
Now for the do-dads. The brown truck will be showing up daily for awhile. :laugh:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
nzambon said:
The KTM dealer in Marquette has 08 250 &300 XC's in stock

What about XC-W's ?

woodsracer369

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 3, 2004
Denny,
Are you selling the XCF? Send me an e-mail -

Trevor

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Transposing numbers is just one of the unfortunate early signs of dementia...

Or.... Denny has wisely encoded his cell phone number to avoid the scourge of web spiders and telemarketers.

Top Bottom