m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
hey, about a year ago i bought a 1997 kx125. when i bought the bike i had a 250 and i still have the 250. i got the bike i put alot of work into it. mainly stuff that was neglected to be done. such as, sprockets, chain, clutch and throttle cable, swing arm bearings swing arm chain guide, grips, throttle tube, i put a whole new clutch in. well, today i took it for its first ride and holy hell. my 250 has alot of power but, on the 125 the power band was insane. it was so fun to ride. it doesnt have much bottom end at all, but when i was trying the climb hills i would feather the clutch a bit to get it in the power and it would just take off like a rocket. at first i bought this bike for my brother to ride, hes 15. hes probably 5' 7" tall 135 pounds, but he doesnt know how to ride. and after riding this bike i was unsure. ive been riding for a while now and i was impressed with the power it made. i just had to share my story, i cant wait to get it in the pits, its should be fun.

-mike.

2strokesrock

Oct 7, 2008
Sounds like a blast!
I can't say weather you should let your brother use that bike but..I can say that I learned on a 125 and it taught me a lot of good things..like clutch control and gear selection.

bornTofly

Apr 10, 2009
Sounds fun! I have always wanted to ride a 125, they look like fun just to mess around on. I started on a XR250 3 years ago and just trail rode. All of my friends had 125's and went to the MX track. I scored a deal on a 250 MX bike, im now learning how to ride MX its quite a challenge xD

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
yea, my first bike was a 250. i was just so surprised when riding that 125 how muh power it had.

i agree 2strokesrock. it will teach him good things, im more worried when he flips whats gonna breake on him and the bike, lol. thanks guys.

-mike.

Top Bottom