Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Yep, last Friday I got snipped. LOL Three kids are enough for me. It's not as bad as I thought it would be. Although, I thought the pain would completely be gone by now. There's still a lingering feeling like I just got kicked in the boys. LOL Anyone else familiar with having this done?

thorman75

"Team Army"
Dec 9, 1999
I had it done at Ft Hood in early 80. I was 22 with 1 girl and 2 boys. You should have seen the face the Medic made when I went on Sick Call to tell them what I wanted done. The PA sent me to the base hospital and I actually watched the procedure. Looked like spaghetti. Had to check it out that night to make sure it still worked, lol. BTW make sure you go back in 2 weeks to make sure your all out of bullets, a guy I worked with didn't go back and yep you guessed it another one on the way. Welcome to the Capon club.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
It's not the most fun procedure, depending on the gender of the surgical team! I was black and blue for a while but after a few weeks it was fine. After over 20 years I've had no trouble. Not like my hernia operation 3 years ago. It still gives me pain for time to time.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
So they finally got the whole electron microscope in the O.R. thing worked out for ya' GH?

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Luckily mine didn't turn too black and blue, just pretty swollen. I have heard hernia surgery is much worse so I keep that in mind and it makes me feel better. LOL It's not a horrible pain just more like annoying. I pulled one of my stitches loose though (I won't say how but it was on a solo mission.) :) The doc wants to see me in 3 mos to make sure it worked.

Apr 30, 2007
Green Horn said:
...I have heard hernia surgery is much worse so I keep that in mind and it makes me feel better. LOL It's not a horrible pain just more like annoying...

Cannot believe I as a female ventured to post in this thread... :whoa:

Umbilical hernia repair is not so bad...Provided it is done laproscopically...One week after, I am in an annoying state of pain. Unless I laugh, sneeze, or cough.

(Runs away from thread).

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
Had it done last year, best move I've done in a long time.

I had the scalpel less procedure. Very fast (15 minutes), virtually pain free, no stitches.

After talking to a few buddies that had it done with the old tree stump and ax routine I'm glad the Doctor's have made advancements...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom