I hate these last couple weeks to dirtweek

oldguy

Always Broken
Because each day another member falls off the list. First I see Lazyboy busting up his leg and now the trip south is in question for his family.
Next I see Ivan has family commitments which cannot be skipped over.
now JeffD skipping the country for business
please everybody (note to self and thekid) be safe we want to see you there :aj:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
Truly. Seems like people are dropping like flies. Lemming is out with a fractured leg also. It's bad enough that people get hurt, but missing DW because of an injury really sucks.

Be safe, everyone! (This means YOU, Dave! You too, Nik! :p )

biglou

Agreed, Dave. Last weekend was my last ride before DW. Started cleaning and making piles almost immediately after I got home last Saturday. No riding or racing, even though it is sunny, breezy and 70 degrees right now! :whiner: I just have to remember the bigger picture: All my friends at DirtWeek.

Chili, Lazyboy, Ivan, Jeffd and El Che Milton-We're going to miss you guys. But you gotta do what you gotta do.

truespode

Wheelie King
You guys will be missed as well.

The hardest part about missing DW is going to be how slow the board will be without all of you posting.

I do look forward to the ride reports though.

For those who are going to DW... be safe and have fun!

Thanks
Ivan

nikki

Moto Junkie
Originally posted by Julius Pleaser
You too, Nik! :p
Damnit, I just got called out. Well, Red somehow managed to keep me off my bike at our friends' track all weekend even though the track conditions were PERFECT both days... so one weekend to go. We'll be racing the D-17 State Championship at Casey this Sunday so let's hope we keep it on 2 wheels. :ugg:

We'll miss all you guys who won't be making it :(

As sad as it is to see people drop off the attendee list, I need these last few days or I won't have any cool old junk to bring with. I'm burning the midnight oil and it's still gonna be tough to get all my claimers shimmed up in time. I may have to bring my newest heap just to look at.

I haven't even bought a big chili pot yet.

Last edited:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
I am delivering my bike to Scooter1130 Saturday, so I don't have any more riding time between now and Dirt Week. As sad as that is, I'm also very thankful that I can't ride...so I know I won't get hurt between now and then!

I've gotta shine up the bike, shine up the gear, and I'm ready to go! ONLY 2 WEEKS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
Just finished prepping my bike and all of my spares. The kid's bikes are next. At this point I'm not taking any chances. I'll wait to hurt myself at DW!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
With only two weeks to go....it is "bubble wrap" time.  No riding until Dirt Week.  A buddy of mine from Michigan attended the first two DWs with casts on his wrists.  He came up with "bubble wrap" time.

bclapham

Lifetime Sponsor
Originally posted by BigLou
Chili, Lazyboy, Ivan, Jeffd and El Che Milton-We're going to miss you guys. But you gotta do what you gotta do.
is no one going to miss me, LOL :confused:

KelvinKDX

Lifetime Sponsor
If you're riding between now and DW - Ride Safe!  :)

No more riding for me either - I am out of town until Friday and leave Sunday morning with the truck loaded up headed for DW.

I have to spend three days in Lebanon, MO for work.  Next i go to Tulsa and spend Friday and Saturday at ... you guessed it - more work.  THen it's on towards Stillwater for DW03!!  :yeehaw:

The only good thing about having to work during my trek towards Stillwater is that i do get my milage paid for (there & back).

Wendy flys out Wednesday evening since she's in school.

Last edited: