"I know this guy, who knows this place . . ."

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Going riding with my brother is an adventure. Just getting ready is an adventure in and of itself!

First off, he calls me Friday afternoon. "Dude, I know this guy who knows this place to ride!"

"Where's the place?" I ask.

"I don't know, but he's gonna call me," is his reply. Okay, so I figger he's got it handled.

Saturday, we spend getting stuff ready, worked on our new lids for a bit, got some grips for his bike, and thought we had it handled.

Sunday morning, I go pick him up and go get his bike. "So, where's this place?" I ask him.

"I think I know where it's at," he says, "but this guys supposed to call me."

"How's he gonna call you if you're here with me? Maybe you should call him," I say.

"Uh, I don't know his last name, but I think I know where he lives." D'OH! I'm beginning to get a little pissed! So we go looking for this guy's house, no luck. Finally, he says "well, let's just go look for the place." It happened to be at the bottom of the old Spiral Highway outside Lewiston (IDkTm would know where). We found it, then his buds finally showed up.

Oh, and the riding wasn't bad. Finally got to try out the new Patriot XR400 Tripleclamp (watch for that report in the test section). All in all, at least I was out putting the bike (and myself) through the paces, and in mid-February, no less!

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
that kind of stuff happends to me all the time. the problem with my experiences is that about 10 minutes after i start riding this "new spot" i'll see some guy walking out in the distance and get yelled at for being on his property which i quickly respond with "i'm sorry, i wasn't aware that this was anyone's land" and then i have to leave discouraged. when i tell my informer of this, he says nothing like that has ever happend to me. yeah yeah yeah

Top Bottom