i missed the memo

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
so i missed the memo, the chat is no longer chat. Obviously there is some secret club of which I am unaware.So be it. Diagnosis ( somewhat upset but not yet to the point of feling personally "excluded" or personally "avoided") see, my time in group was not wasted. :ride:

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
jeez people

Is there no longer a sense of humor here on DRN.net? seriously, are you guys holding back cause you think i'm some unstable stan vet? wouldn't that make it more fun if i were.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Sarge:

The sense of humor remains, but the cast of characters has changed. I can't remember the last time I remember seeing a smack post from Elk, Zio, VD, Twinkles, et al that used to provide us so much late night entertainment.

Heck, I can't even remember the last I saw a post from Elk. That pink tutu wearing homosapien better show up soon.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Howdy Sarge.

I haven't seen many posts from them either. I always did stay out of chat since i felt shunned and really didn't want to chat in the first place. Besides i've been off of these boards for about two years as it is and have just recently started looking back here.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
I never could hang with the multiple conversations in chat. I tried a few times but just didn't have much to say. And another thing, if I spend any more time on the computer I won't have a job or a life. I've been trying to cut back, as some may have noticed, but I think I need the patch.

Howdy Sarge.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
yes, chat's pretty dang dead. Me and Lou are about the only partakers during the day, with the occasional PK and Mully, and other lurkers once in a while.

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
ha! chat is dead because of the crazies! I was watching some chick flick and the mother, some 50yrs old was telling her daughter a story about dad and the fam, the daughter says in the most self rightious way "it's been so much better for you mom when dad stopped drinking all thos years ago" and mother kinda sighs and says " you dad wasn't a bad man, now he's just...there. We had a lot of fun great times, there was the occasional problem or crisis that arose from it, but we felt so alive. Now......I'm just comfortable......safe". Yeh, the wild west days of chat were defenitaley out of control and hurt peoples feelings , bred divisions and all, but man o man, this board was alive back then. this ofcourse is the thoughts of one of the supreme trouble makers and could be thought very self serving and revisionist history. but screw it. I looked forward to waking up saturday, going to chat and doing a full chat line read on what i said and to whom on a drunken rage the night before.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
XRpredator said:
yes, chat's pretty dang dead. Me and Lou are about the only partakers during the day, with the occasional PK and Mully, and other lurkers once in a while.

You forgot me. :(

I stop in once in a while with a high-level issue. The Turkey Adidas Food Fettish issue, for instance. Or...the Distribution Pay Incremental issue. Or....holy crap..how could you forget...the Mexicans?

Love, Natty xooxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxxooooxoxoxoxoxo

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I had a choice...

1) Chat, or
2) Stay employed

Right now money is King. But as soon as I become financially independent from The Man, I'll be a chat regular again. Seriously, a simple "stop-by" in chat was 2 hours. It's just too much fun.

Happy New Year.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
I miss going in there every day, but now that I can walk again, I haven't been stuck in the house, so chat is just on the back burner. I go in on occasion, but it's pretty dead....I do miss Lou, Pred, Natty, Nikki, Okie, Rich, Elk, Green Horn, Mully, PK, Farmer John, Chili and everyone else that used to frequent that joint. They kept me sane for six months when I couldn't leave my house!!

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001

i chose unemployment. then i couldn't afford internet.

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
posted by Jamir "I chose unemployment. then i couldn't afford internet."What! after all unemployment has done for you!I had a joke in here some where , but....

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004

Hooker Boots! :cool:

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Wife beaters and Fruity Pebbles!

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000

:nod: Yea .. pretty much the same here. Soooooooo
HIGH EVERYBODY !! :laugh:

wrench

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…