I need a chain guide 1986 KDX

tgregg

Oct 3, 2009
I need a chain guide for my '86 KDX. I need the one from the top front of the swing arm. No factory part available, does anyone know an aftermarket source?
Thanks

Joburble

Bring back the CR500
~SPONSOR~
Jul 20, 2009
Just incase you can't find one or mod one to fit.
If it it anything like the newer KDX's you could make one pretty easy out of 3 or 5mm UHMWPE (Ultra high molecular weight polyethylene) sheet, I have made chain guides out of this stuff and it is easy to use and has great wear resistance. Any plastics place should be able to sell you an offcut cheap. To bend it around the front of the swing arm just heat it up a bit and bend it round. It's only downfall is it's a bit noisier than the original stuff.

Joburble

Bring back the CR500
~SPONSOR~
Jul 20, 2009
Some white cutting boards are made from UHMWPE, but I don't think they are suitably U.V. satabilised. Ideally you need an industrial sheet offcut and I can't think of any retail items off hand that could be substituted.

tgregg

Oct 3, 2009
That sounds like something we all would buy to make our own guides. Somebody should sell pieces on line. I can think of lots of uses. I'd certainly buy some. Thanks for the info. I live up in the sticks though and sources might be hard to find. For my KDX it doesn't even need to bend. I've got a later model guide on order that hopefully will work.

Top Bottom