I need to know the Stock Jet Sizes

Shamrocker38

Jul 7, 2002
I am a total novice at carb tuning, but I am learning. I just played around with my air screw today, because the bike has had a fmf pipe and TC for a while, andI just removed the airbox snorkel, and I just have to say WOW, did I wake up the bottom end performance by adjusting that air screw. NOw I just have to get my pilots and mains and i can start to play around wth the rest of the fuel circuit..just need to know what jets are stock on the 1994 kdx200's Keihin PWK. is it-155main 48pilot and r1172n needle?
thanks

Dazza

Jan 1, 2002
Over here in Australia
I believe the stock jets for the 1994(E5)KDX200 were
Main 158
Pilot 48
Needle R1172n clip in 3rd from top
Air screw 1.5 turns out.

If you check out carb tunning in the tech section it will give you a idea on what jets may suit your set up.
Note it is only a guide and a plug chop is a must to see if you are running lean.
Do a search on jetting as there is a weath of info on this subject.
There are some very knowledgeable guys in the forum that may help you.
Have a look around and you will learn alot.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
jason:
If I had a dsl driveway OR highway, I'd go check myself....;)..but to verify, the 150 isn't a typo?? I don't think that's right (even if I DO have a >'95 200!!!

CDave says: (I realize he isn't necessarily stating the stock jets, but what should be run stock. That isn't likely to be richer than stock, though, which it would be if he says run 155 and stock is 150)

1989 to 1994 KDX200
Stock -Run the stock R1172N jet needle in the second from the top clip position, 48 pilot jet, 155 main jet and fine-tune the pilot circuit using the air screw.

With a performance pipe/expansion chamber, the air box lid removed and the stock or a performance silencer run a 45/48 pilot, R1173N jet needle in the mid clip position, a 152/155 main jet fine tune the pilot circuit using the air screw.

Addition of Boyesen reeds or a Boyesen RAD Valve will require you to lean the pilot and main jet one size and readjust your air screw.

sham:
Dazza's reference to tech tips and carb tuning come from CDave's site:

http://justkdx.dirtrider.net

A bunch of info there on kdxs....including the answer to your question. ;)

Cheers!!

Last edited:

jdbrusch

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2001
I am not sure why but for some reason they changed from a 158 in 89 to a 150 in the 90-94, the motor is the same for all 5 years. I have run the 152(summer) and 155(winter) for the past 8 yrs with no problem.I have the usual mods pipe,silencer, reeds and porting.Replace plug once a year whether the bike likes it or not.have never tried the bike with a 150 since it runs so clean with the 152/155 combo.Go with what CD and canyncarver suggest and it should put you fairly close.

Jim Crenca

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 18, 2001
My 94 has the usual mods (including RB Carb) and it needs a 165 for proper WOT jetting! I recomend to jet WOT by plug color, & pilot / AS by sound, feel, & performance; jetting purely by number is meaningless (IMO).

Dazza

Jan 1, 2002
I would really like to know where you got the main jet size as stock.
To me that doesn't sound right and no way would a 150 do the job.
I'm not making a issue out of it (don't really care) just curious.
Mabey you got it from Kawasaki parts diagram?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom