WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Today I ran the Chicago Marathon. 3:28 finishing time. It was my third one in as many years. I started running as a way of improving leg strength and cardio after my first and only enduro. I could barely move after that enduro and knew I had to do something about it. now running has become a full time hobby and riding is much easier as a result.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Way to go!

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Cool! I'm getting ready for the Tulsa Run (15K) on October 29th. I've been doing 5K's for a little over two years now and need a new challenge. After that I hope to do a half Marathon. Still not quite ready to try a full Marathon. I'm still patting myself on the back for my 9 miles of hills last Wednesday.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Very cool! That is one great achievement to be able to maintain a pace like that for 26 miles.

I ran my first 25K race this spring and did a ten mile race a couple weeks ago. I want to do a full marathon next year if I can find the time to train for it.

I started running in about 1989 for exactly the same reason……..could not get out of bed on Monday morning following an Enduro! :ohmy:

Running is the highlight of my day after sitting on my butt for nine hours staring at a computer.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Wow! Good stuff Walt - nice time too! Way to go!! :cool:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Eight Minute Miles! Wow, you really RAN that marathon.

attaboy :cool:

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Thanks for the encouraging words.
Eight Minute Miles!
7:56/mile but whos counting!
I'm still patting myself on the back for my 9 miles of hills last Wednesday.
As you should, I did some hill training, but nothing like the rolling hills in OK. Last year I ran from Cooperland to Coyne road, I dont think there was 1 flat spot on that stretch!

Ivan, I also took up road bike riding this summer for cross training, My longest ride was a 80 miler, I was working my way up to a century, but had to give up on it as it was getting to close to the marathon and I was getting burnt out riding 70 on satuday and running 20 on sunday. Maybe Ill build up to a century in the spring before marathon milage starts to build in August.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Seems like you are good to go for a metric century any time you feel like it!

I respect runners tremendously. Running takes so much of a toll on you that it takes a lot of mental toughness to do it every day. There is no coasting and a lot of pounding.

Ivan

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Wow, I am totally impressed. WOW. Good for you. Most people will never be able to accomplish this.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom