Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Two years before my dad passed away he was able to do the Run For The Wall. It was a ride that departed Los Angeles and rode across the country to the Vietnam Memorial in Washington D.C. There were hundreds of bikes included in this ride. It was special for my dad because it was the first time he rode with a club called the Vietnam Vets. He was to become a full member at the conclusion of the ride.

Since I never had a chance to visit the Memorial myself, I asked my dad if he would leave something at the wall for me. I made this little tribute and put it in a small frame. My dad rode with it in his saddlebag across the country and placed it against the wall.

I was recently going through some old files on my computer and found the artwork I made. I thought it was an appropriate day to post it. I will truly never forget the sacrifices that so many people have made for this country. The only way I can ever re-pay what they've done is to never forget it. Thank you to all those that have served and to all those that are serving right now. You are remembered!

Attachments

• IRemember.jpg
    IRemember.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 138

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
That was great, I'm glad he got to do that.

It's hard to believe the effect of seeing the wall until you're there.

I remember and I appreciate all of those that served and who still serve...thank you!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
:cool:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Memorial Day is for Honoring those that have given the ultimate sacrifice to country.
Every other day is for Honoring those that have made the sacrifice and carry their scars everyday.
Freedom is not Free; it is paid for with the Blood of Service personnel. Their Blood and sacrifice pays for Americans to have the right of Free Speech, the Right to Assemble, and the Right to Bear Arms to name just a few.
Thanks are just a small way to repay the debt we owe to our veterans. Many veterans of WWII die every year and in not too many years they will all be gone. The veterans of Korea and the Viet Nam are beginning to age, remember to welcome them home and go out of your way to make them feel welcome in your presence. Such a small thing to do, so little effort it will take, and too few people that will actually do it.
In my local Lodge, we have three WWII veterans, 82,84, and 85. These three men are always at our community projects, giving more of themselves than many younger men. I hope that each of you on DRN take a few minutes everyday to talk to a veteran, YOUNG OR OLD, thank them for giving you the freedom to ride your motorcycle, speak your mind, and assemble with your friends.
Remember and Never Forget!!!!!!!!!

YZmidLife

Nov 23, 2006
Memorial Day is for Honoring those that have given the ultimate sacrifice to country.
Every other day is for Honoring those that have made the sacrifice and carry their scars everyday.
Freedom is not Free; it is paid for with the Blood of Service personnel. Their Blood and sacrifice pays for Americans to have the right of Free Speech, the Right to Assemble, and the Right to Bear Arms to name just a few.
Thanks are just a small way to repay the debt we owe to our veterans. Many veterans of WWII die every year and in not too many years they will all be gone. The veterans of Korea and the Viet Nam are beginning to age, remember to welcome them home and go out of your way to make them feel welcome in your presence. Such a small thing to do, so little effort it will take, and too few people that will actually do it.
In my local Lodge, we have three WWII veterans, 82,84, and 85. These three men are always at our community projects, giving more of themselves than many younger men. I hope that each of you on DRN take a few minutes everyday to talk to a veteran, YOUNG OR OLD, thank them for giving you the freedom to ride your motorcycle, speak your mind, and assemble with your friends.
Remember and Never Forget!!!!!!!!!

Right On!
For all the parents, wives, husbands, children, families who received neatly folded flags...
For the men and women that stepped up after September 11, 2001...
For the one's that left pieces of themselves in a foreign land, or have scars that will take years, maybe a lifetime, to heal...
For all the heroes past, present, and future...
For the one's that keep going back...

Here's to You. You are, and always will be, Remembered.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
It was my Dad's 84th birthday today! I wish I could have gone to the ceremony at the town's cemetery today, with him.

I had him down a few weeks ago and my daughter interviewed him (DVD recorded it,) about his experiences with the 8th Armored Infantry Division in Europe. I'm going to do this some more! :cool:

I talked to him quite a bit today and emailed my extended family to do something special today & then tell him what it was.

He's the kind of guy that makes me proud WITHOUT even considering his service record! :boss:

BTW, I DID make sure that he had a chance to ride around some on the XR 80 while he was here; he did great! Many people (friends & family) would tell him that he should not do this; they think he should stop driving a car. I like to remind him of what he CAN do, still! :ride:

Last edited:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Lets hope we all remembered yesterday and that we never forget.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Very nice Kawidude.

Thank you. :cool:

Top Bottom