I tailed to the right on a tabletop!

cespadilla

Apr 9, 2002
Hi, last saturday, I went to TINCO, a Motocross track with my two brothers. I had a TT-250 that was not exactly brand new and it was really difficult to control on the curves. I wiped out three times when making the turn. Could you give me any tips on making these turns, most of them are hard ack but there are a few sandy ones :ugg: . I also started jumping, and got really confdent on a really long table top :eek: , since I did not get to the end of it. But I could not get the necessary speed because of a double I could not make that was just before it. I tried on third gear and I only jumped about 25 feet. And then I tried to take it on second gear, revved it up and jumped a lot more :cool: , but in the air the motorcycle moved it's butt to the right and I landed a little bit freaked out. :aj: Any tips on gear selection or jumping technique? Thanks

xtreme73

Mar 17, 2002
as for the back going to the right this is what I do. I would turn towards the right and lean forward while applying pressue against the bike with my right leg. It's much easier to do than explain. Gripping the bike with your knees usually will keep it straighter to begin with.

2001yz250

Mar 27, 2002
I'd say your biggest obstacle to overcome is ......... the TT250! :scream: Those old four strokes don't take to well to MX. Overweight and not much power on the 250. Hey I just described myself! :confused: As far as moving to the right, xtreme is right, its easier to do than explain. Usually, until you get used to it, when your bike moves unexpectantly while in the air, it freaks you out more than it is a threat of crashing. As long as the front wheel lands first on the down side, the rear will follow unless your close to vertical. Then you go over the bars and the bike runs over you and laughs! :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom