I thought you might get a kick out of this!

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
Haha Wraith are you crazy it just needs some welding and a rear fender!LOL
What is this guy thinking, "ok lemme put my bike on ebay with it all dirty and bent rear fender, nobody will care..." Yea I wouldn't doubt his reserve price is probably $20,000.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Wow, how about a little soap and water. I like the way he has his levers positioned. Nice bike stand though!

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
That is a keeper! I can't wait to buy that baby! Watch out, it's mine!

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I wonder if he would "drive" it all the way to Iowa for me. :eek:

He must have those levers set up for cliff launching.:p

YZ Joust

Master of Jackassery
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 21, 2002
I think he just needs to make the side panels green and the front fender yellow and this baby would sell for at least $4K...... Sweet ride.... I was impressed w/ the comment about riding the bike for months w/ a cracked frame and he hasn't had any problems.... Since he's in my area I was thinking about having him demo the bike for me and hit a triple.... See what happens to the frame then.... LOL

Howser03

~SPONSOR~
Oct 18, 2001
Talk about sugar-coating. This guy is the stereotypical used car salesmen. "It doesn't have an exhaust or brake pads, but it handles like a dream and is a real chick magnet, eh eh" If this guy cleaned this bike up it wouldn't be so bad. Ppl amaze me :think:

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
:eek:

"...I'm awful with computers..." (And with bikes, too, evidently!)

The scary part, is people are actually bidding on it!

2001yz250

Mar 27, 2002
Subliminal man's version of his description:
This is a very, very fast(way to waste your money) 250! plenty of mods, including: pro-circuit pipe(smashed), fmf silencer (rusted), ceet 4.2 gallon gas tank(leaking), pro-taper bars(bent), rear tire was replaced a month ago(now has 100 pavement miles), many new plastics(epoxy), barkbuste(d) hand guards, as well a ceet saddle(torn). will also include never used sand paddle R tire(17") as well as a brand new dunlop front tire(19") as well as spare brake lines(from a '74YZ80). the only problem with the bike(that isn't covered up by mud) is a crack in the frame under the block(see picture). i have been riding it with the crack(now a complete break) for months and it hasn't worsened or hindered performance(I'm not even good enough to be a spode). a quick welding job would fix it right up(into scrap metal). Top end was rebuilt 16 months ago(in dog years). :) :)

Hot4Teacher

Apr 21, 2002
Where is never neverland? I wanna go!! Like they say beauty is only a lightswitch away but, looking at that you need a total eclipse. Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder can see that bike is a piece. Someone needs to tell that guy you can't polish a turd. ;) :D

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
From the look of all that oil on the frame, when he cased it, he not only broke the frame but probably cracked the case. :| The reserve hasn't been met yet, I really wonder what he's asking :think: I bid a dollar :)

BTW how about THIS for misrepresentation! :)

Last edited:

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
I wonder what his chain looked like, before he got done riding?

The funny thing is, a guy could go thru that place and find many better ones than that in no time. I guess everything is worth something to somebody :uh:

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
ROFLMAO over your description, 2001YZ250! I think that more accurately describes it.

Howser03

~SPONSOR~
Oct 18, 2001
I bought my '83 Yz 250 off of E-Bay. It was described as a parts bike and the motor was parts only. I bought it cause the chassis looked straight and i figured I could throw another motor on there. When I got it the thing was caked in mud, and the shift-shaft casing was cracked, and had been fixed with a j.b weld hack job. The shift-shaft splines were stripped, and the clutch cover also had a quarter size hole in it. Whoever had it I thought really beat the crap outta this thing. I cleaned off the mud, repainted the frame.... the wheels are in beautiful shape, rear-tire still 80%, air-cleaner almost flawless and not nicked or bent or any holes in it. The whole chassis looks almost brand-new with minimal cleaning. The motor was way better than parts. All it needed was a shift-shaft, a little bit case repair, clutch cover repair, and a cylinder bore and a piston kit. Not that bad of a bike, and my winning bid was only $100. :aj:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
I picked my '89 Zinger up off the same place. Started out of the crate with only two kicks.

jharmon

Aug 1, 2001
You guys seem pretty sure the seller was talking about the bike. I think he may have been talking about the girl with the bike. But she's probably closer to a 125 than a 250. Rode hard and put away wet. $810 is the highest bid so far. Does she cook is the question?

yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
wow, KTM had inverted forks back in the 80's??? you learn something new everyday!

Mike198

Jul 8, 2002
man if you think this is bad, you should see some of the bikes in my neighborhood. theres a kid with a old kd80, he drove it around with no clutch shifter, brakes, and a cracked frame, a kid with a cr 80 had a radiator shaped like an "S". another kid put 2 stroke oil in the crankcase, and snaped several sparkplugs in the head. The worst part is they think they're the fastest riders on earth. grrrr this is what i have to put up with everyday

Top Bottom