I' ve got the dirt on the new TE 250

Michael Coons

Apr 12, 2000
Yep got it, thanks, you have to select :: scheda tecnica, after choosing a specific model. 238 dry(TE 250), wow it might be a bit more piggy than we were led to believe, after installing the kick starter kit.

I must admit I am impressed that Husqvarna went with a smaller carb with the TE 250 (36mm) vs the WR 250F's (39mm). When you are the trails bottom end is far more important than top end.

MC

Last edited:

RakO

Dec 26, 2000
Bootom end + weight ?

In a French magazine they made the first test ride of a Pre Prod 250 and they were really bluffed except that the bottom end was on the weak side …? In Europe the “Enduros” and trails are mainly technical ones and I prefer to have some good low end power.
Maybe the they will change this…..or improve…..for the production.
Curious about the real weight….

RakO

Michael Coons

Apr 12, 2000
My bad !!! Sorry mispoke, the WR 250F has a 37mm carb, so I guess I am not so impressed. I remember thinking during the WR 250F release that Yamaha should have may be had a 35mm carb vs the 37mm, given it was designed to be a trail bike.

I once took a spin on a YZ 250F, very impressive throttle response, however just a bit to tall for my short legs and the owner, nor myself could get it lit up without some major kicking. I hope Yamaha does a better job on the 2002, cause I would easily consider one of these to purchase.

MC

Jun 25, 2000
Brackets

Those brackets look like passenger pegs. Its probably street legal in Europe. Check out the Husky SM450 and 570:p

Jul 12, 2000
MV Augusta

Hey Ben,
I am with you there! The first thing I noticed in Pic 2 was the MV in the crate. I would take one of those over any new dirtbike any day. You could buy several dirtbikes for the price of one of those babies ($20,000.00).

I just hope that Husky isnt blowing smoke. Those bikes better run like they claim, or they will end up being laughed at like Cannondale.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…