spacerider

Jun 24, 2002
dave I had to do my after sending my to 2 suspersion comp. $1200 in my bike and it can not be used.Last year I got my 01 YZ to handled to best ,I love it but the 02 YZ su_k and I'm having a hard time to fine someone who can fix it,and stand behi there work.

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
Well, I got the kit a couple days ago and guess what, it had no directions! :whiner: It looked pretty old, the phone numbers were out dated and everything. I called race tech and they faxed me a copy of everything and I got an access code for there website from them too. I got on the site and it gave me a recomendation for what valve stacks to use based on some questions it asked ( weight, type of riding, rider ability, prefer stiff soft or standard) I tried it with different answers and came up with my own conclusion. I picked what it recomended for the high speed stack and went with a low speed stack between the standard and the stiff one. I also converted the mid valve to a check valve.

I got a chance to ride it for a couple hours today and Im already totally pleased with the results. I like it enough that im going to ride it a bit more before I try anything thing else. if I do decide to change anything I might go a little lighter on the high speed stack.

one thing is for sure though, the shock needs the same treatment! It must have single stage valving like the forks did, cause it seems harsh and bottoms easy now. before the forks were so bad you didnt notice the shock. I see another gold valve kit in my future :thumb:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom