Idiot ?? but triple clamps for Fat bars??

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
I have never thought about it before but now that Spider has Pro Taper Fat Bars on his new YZ450 and he just happened to bend the bars on his YZ250f (04 with standard bars).....
Are there adaptors for the stock triple clamps or will he have to replace the triple clamp for the new bars. The stock clamps are one piece in the triple clamp and are made for the 7/8 bars.
He really likes the bend on the Pro Tapers and wants to stay consistant on both bikes

B

biglou

There are inserts, but it will raise the bar height by an inch or so. Pro Taper makes them, I'm sure others do also.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
biglou said:
There are inserts, but it will raise the bar height by an inch or so. Pro Taper makes them, I'm sure others do also.

Yep, and Pro Taper makes "universal" bars that compensate for that additional height in the clamp. Most of the jokers behind the counter don't know that in the catalogs, they list the bars as "universal" or standard. In this case the "universal" doesn't mean they fit any bike, but that they are a lower bend to compensate for the universal clamp kit. So figure out what bars he has on the 450, and buy the same bend with the "universal" designation and a set of universal adapters and you're all set.

http://www.powersportrider.com/cgi-bin/zcatjpg

Look at page 408 at the above link. at the bottom of the list are the universal bars. YZ165

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
:cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom