Crimeidy26

Aug 6, 2008
Hey guys, I got the Ole' 93 KDX 250 out yesterday and it fired right up and it idles fine when the bars are straight. It will sit there all day and idle as long as the bars are straight. When the bars are turned to the left or the right it seems to idle up fairly high. I've started adusting the throttle cable on the bars but doesn't seem to help. I was wondering if lubeing the cable would help of if anyone has any other ideas as to what could be causing a high idle when the bars are turned in either direction? I'm stumped any help or ideas would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Jarrod :coocoo:

wrench4it

Jan 1, 2007
Check the cable itself. sounds like it is pulling the throttle as you turn the bars. Look at the cable as you turn the bars to see what it does.

Crimeidy26

Aug 6, 2008
Ok, Thats what i was thinking i'll check it and see if it is pulling it. If so i guess some lube should cure the problem? I'll check it out tonite and see what the problem is thanks for the reply.

wrench4it

Jan 1, 2007
No problem. but if the bars are pulling the cable lube wont help. it is going to be a routing problem. You might have to reroute the cable. it is very easy to do. good luck.

Crimeidy26

Aug 6, 2008
ok i was looking at it earlier and thats what it looks like to me as well is the routing because the cable pulls the same distance in both directions and i was thinking the cable is routed wrong i'll pull it apart and re-route the cable to make sure it stops pulling the throttle open....thanks for the help

Crimeidy26

Aug 6, 2008
I found the problem. Obviously the guy who owned the bike before me routed the throttle cable under the clutch cable between the clutch cable and the left front fork and had it in a bind. The clutch cable is very very tight when the bars are turned to the right which was pullin the throttle open slightly so i routed it on top of the clutch cable and it has plenty of play in both directions and no more high idling.. The clutch cable when the bars are turned right is very very tight and cannot move it side to side or up and down its so tight is this how its suppose to be? the clutch operates fine it just seems the cable is very tight..but thanks for the help and input.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom