junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
How are ya'll making out over there in Tejas? If I can help with anything, let me know, I'm getting pretty good at hauling away trees.

Mark

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Blue skys and puffy white clouds here. Got a little breezy around 10am-noon but that's about it. I know a guy that drove down yesterday to stay at a friends place. The wall went right over them so they say sustained winds of 80-90 with gusts over that.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
We're getting quite a bit of rain, 40 mph winds came thru around 10 pm. Real soaking type rain. Looks like I'll be mowing for another couple of months.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Looks like downtown Housto is a mess! Of course skyscrapers covered in class and hurricane winds will tend to make large piles of glass in the streets. Also looks like there is some looting which I wish had a shoot to kill on the spot order.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Ike came right over top my house...in Indiana!

80 MPH winds here. (cat1 hurricane is 72mph)
He took much of the house trim and a large number of shingles. He tore the shutters off my house, and nearly took down a 6ft privacy fence.
$1200 damage to truck, $1800 to SUV.
We were lucky and got power back after about 30 hours, and of course I have a generator, so we didn't fair too bad. Many lost a bunch of meat and food.
My grandmother (90) just got her power back on last night.
Louisville still has ~150,000 people without electricity, and had >400,000 out for a few days.

We only lost 3-4 lives due to this storm, and most of us are much more blessed than those in TX.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
My God, those photos are absolutely heart wrenching.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom