300wby

Dec 27, 2005
So I think I'm pretty much ready to take the plunge and throw down some good sized dough.
I had narrowed my choices to the Katoom 450EXC, Hondo CRF450X, or the Yami WR450F. The decision wasn’t made on any bike so I thought I'd spend the day running around to all the shops I could get to gauge price and 'style' of dealership. So I hit 7 different dealerships (only 1 KTM dealer) and had great experience as well as a total 'used car salesman'. The used car guy I simply handed his card back to him and walked away. Regardless the other shops were pretty friendly and right down to honest business. So here are the low number offers I was given for the bikes:
KTM 450exc: 6795.00 + tax
Honda crf450x: 6695.00 + tax
Yamaha wr450f: 5799.00 + tax
All those prices are everything included plus tax out the door. Now, heading into this I thought the price quotes could help me decide which bike to get but now the price makes it a no brainer. The Yamaha is a great deal in the eyes of this newbie!!
However it makes me question how they could sell a bike for that much under MSRP, I know they get wholesale prices but dang....
I asked him point blank if the bike was a new in box or a fright damaged bike and he said it was new in box and 100% condition.
What do you all think of the wr450f for 5.8k? It feels like I can’t pass it up!!!
I appreciate any input...

oh BTW this is a very reputable dealer...been around forever...

edited because i cant spell for schizznit

fizzle

~SPONSOR~
Apr 21, 2006
Sounds like a deal to me! If you are going to ride trails, you can't go wrong with the WR.

A few months ago I was in CO getting a motorcycle for my wife..... Vickery Motorsports was hands down the best people to deal with, and that's who I ended up buying from...If you haven't checked them out, you should.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
300wby said:
Why? Because I wanted a 4 stroke enduro....
Pretty good reason right there. :nod:

Top Bottom