Person8

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 24, 2001
I've been looking for a truck for a while now with no luck. I'd be willing to travel to pick one up - have to use that free Southwest Airlines ticket for something. Anyway, here's my idea of exactly what I'd like. Of course I'd be flexible on most of the details. It is an F250 diesel, 4X4, short bed, color white, mileage doesn't really matter as long as it has plenty of life left in it. It has to have an auto transmission, electric windows/locks, and an extended or crew cab. I can pay up to $12,000. Does such a beast exist out there?

I really don't know too much about trucks, so I may be totally out of the ballpark on this. I need something to haul my bikes in the back of, and hope to get a camper to pull behind it so I can take the family on a vacation once in a while. An F250 diesel may be more than I need, but if I'm going to go, I may as well go big.

Larry

Person8

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 24, 2001
I would be totally happy with a V8 gas engine - especially if it meant I could get a more modern truck for my money.

Larry

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
What are you going to use it for, besides hauling your bike ;)

I'm assuming with the Short bed your not hauling much, but towing?

You should be able to get a Dodge 2500 with the gas for about that price, probably a 96'
As far as the Dodge Deisel you'll have to settle for about a 92 or 93, and they are one ruff ridding truck.

Person8

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 24, 2001
Well since I couldn't find a big truck that I would want to keep for many years, I went today and bought an old well-used Dodge Dakota. Hopefully it will last a couple of years when I'll be in a better position to buy a real truck. It has custom rims and wide tires, which I think I'll swap out for stockers. Brakes need attention too.

Larry

Top Bottom