2smokers

Mar 25, 2006
A bolt ( about 1/4 and 4 inches long) that holds the cases together was over tightend and snapped now there is a piece in there about an inch long. What would you guys do to get it out. A left hand drill bit wouldnt work because its too tight in there and I would need a long EZ out, if that were to snap I would be screwed. And do you think air would leak from the case if I rode it. Its a bolt right by the reeds. :bang:

Thanks

jbmunnoch

May 7, 2006
if you can't get it out with a screw extractor you might have to split the cases to get at it. I know it doesn't take much of a gap for a two stroke to start sucking air dangerously leaning out your mixture. If it doesn't seems like you are running lean and you don't think it poses as a problem ride it. if it were me I would either split the cases and extract the remainder of the bolt or I would go one size bigger and drill out the entire hole and tap it.

2smokers

Mar 25, 2006
Well the broken bolt is near the reeds, the reed cage is metal so when I bolt the reeds in, shouldn't that hold it together tight?

jbmunnoch

May 7, 2006
By bolting the reed cage down it won't apply lateral pressure to the crankcase. That doesn't mean it is going to leak anyhow because if I am not mistaken there is another bolt holding the case halves together inside the ignition cover right below the reeds.

tommi

May 25, 2006
jbmunnoch said:
By bolting the reed cage down it won't apply lateral pressure to the crankcase. That doesn't mean it is going to leak anyhow because if I am not mistaken there is another bolt holding the case halves together inside the ignition cover right below the reeds.
that should be ok if u just put a bolt in it

Top Bottom