Mac Dre

Jul 30, 2007
Hi, I live in vancouver bc and due to the rediculously high prices on used bikes here(upwards of 2500 for mid-late 90s 125s) I'm venturing across the boarder to buy a bike.

My question is, Does anyone on here know what taxes and duties would apply to a used 2 stroke goign back into canada?

friar tuck

Feb 9, 2006
What if you brought a truckload of 2-strokes up to Canada? I could make a bundle AND make you Canooks happy. They're SUPER cheap around here compared to what you're paying. Just saw a 2003 KTM 250sx for 2k down the street. Really clean too.

P.S.: Was kidding with the "Canooks" thing...is that offensive to Canadians?

Mac Dre

Jul 30, 2007
you'd probably make alot of people happy, i dunno about coming across the boarder with that many bikes though!

on that note, does anyone have experience crossing the boarder with bikes? My friend was thinking we'd drive down there with his bro's rm 125 on the back say were going riding for the day, pick up the bike i wanna get , get em dirty then come across with both saying we we're back from a day of riding. Anyone done this or know the procedure coming across the boarder with bikes in the back? (do they check vin # ?)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
And we think we have nutty taxes in the States ...

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
peterttr230 said:
You have to pay GST and PST at the border and u have to pay some ridiculous price about 200 for then to activate the VIN number in canada

For your TT-R 230 this would be partially true, it is an RIV fee not to activate the vin. Closed Course Competition bikes are however exempt from the RIV process and no fee applies.

Top Bottom