IMS 2.4 tank fits both KX100 & RM100?

gatemachine

Dec 6, 2005
Hi, anyone of you super experienced folks out there tell me if the IMS 2.4 Gal tank for the 03 KAW KX100 will fit the SUZ 03 RM100? Almost all vendors only list an IMS tank for the KAW KX100, but not the SUZ RM100. I Called IMS and they said they don’t make a tank for the 03-04 SUZ RM100 and that their tank for the 03-04 KAW KX100 will not fit the SUZ RM100 because although they are sister bikes, the frames are different. But when I see so many private sale adds for the 03-04 RM100 with MODs that include an IMS 2.4 tank upgrade, I wonder what the heck is going on. So can any of you out there tell me the big secret?

Last edited:

gatemachine

Dec 6, 2005
Hi, anyone of you super experienced folks out there tell me if the IMS 2.4 Gal tank for the 03 KAW KX100 will fit the SUZ 03 RM100? Almost all vendors only list an IMS tank for the KAW KX100, but not the SUZ RM100. I Called IMS and they said they don’t make a tank for the 03-04 SUZ RM100 and that their tank for the 03-04 KAW KX100 will not fit the SUZ RM100 because although they are sister bikes, the frames are different. But when I see so many private sale adds for the 03-04 RM100 with MODs that include an IMS 2.4 tank upgrade, I wonder what the heck is going on. So can any of you out there tell me the big secret?

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc.

I am going to move this thread to the General Bike Repair forum so it will get more views.

Grab a spot on the couch, crank up a new post here and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

gatemachine

Dec 6, 2005
Ims 2.4 Tank For Kx100 Not Rm100

Thank you for your reply, I already ordered an IMS 2.4 tank designed for the KX100, but IMS and their head mold maker say it will only fit the KX100. But one ray of hope is I spoke to someone who mounted one on their RM100 and they said it would fit with only minimal modification. If you have also mounted one on your RM100 I would greatly appreciate any install problems and solutions you fixed to make it work.
Also do you know if it is normal for the engine on this bike to have such a low and stumbling power-band in the middle (2k-4k) and so high power-band at the top (6k-9k), I bought this bike used from California and live in Arizona at 2000 feet, I wonder if I need to switch to a different jet as the spark plug is a little black not brown. Other wise the bike is like new, the Lady owner fell off twice and got a quad and sold it to me for $1700 after only about 4 hours.

Daddy-O!!!

Nov 18, 2005
We just got ours-It was New Old Stock 03-I had to ship it from Texas to St.Louis.Its really cold and we have about 3-4 inches of snow on the ground right now-I bet you are doing alot of searches about the bike like I am.Power wise- I am impressed and suspenion is good.I won't mess w/jetting till around spring but I and my son did get about an hour and a half of break in on it.I have the tank and a pipe and silencer coming and a pro taper bar kit. Should be here next week sometime.If possible I will take some photos and show you how it goes when installing the tank.Jeff

Daddy-O!!!

Nov 18, 2005
Installed tank-Very simple-Fit was same as stock tank-Removed stock tank and shrouds-Removed fuel line from carb-Attach pet **** from stock tank to IMS tank-Attach mounting bracket to frame-Attach seat and tank strap scews and post from stock tank to IMS tank-Put IMS tank on bike-Re-attach fuel line to carb-throttle side shroud goes on the same way it came off-Clutch side shroud I had to shave off the round plastic brace(?) that stuck out to far.Checked all bolts and fuel line and then added gas and checked for leaks-Fired it up-All is fine-Jeff

Top Bottom