Racer#213

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 14, 2002
I was looking at buying myself a Ims gas tank for my kx100. i can prolly get a little over 30 miles on my stock on. I've done 27 with like .3 gal left. If you have it, do you have pics?
How does it fit?
Aproximately how many miles can you go on it?
does it affest riding position/ width any?

Thanks

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Dirt Rider Magazine did a cool double test ride session w/IMS for Destry Abbott's bike as well as a Kx80/100 test bike. The bike was pretty trick and looked like if I was younger again would be a blast to ride. I'm willing to bet you could find some information on the IMS website. As far as seat of the pants evaluations I'm not really sure if you'll find to many people that have seat time on the tank. I can say w/past experience I've had from my IMS tank for my Yz125 that it was pretty fat at the point where I would grip the bike w/my knees. I hear that Clarke is alot better on the width of their tanks, although I've yet to try them. I hope to soon! ;)

Last edited:

Racer#213

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 14, 2002
what's clarkes sight? nope no info on their sight. and i know someone on here recently purchased one, but don't know who.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Clarke, CLICK HERE
I would suggest sending Dirt Rider(magazine again :) )an email and ask them you could contact to obtain some pricing info on that tank. It may have been a specially made product, but I thought they were gonna release it to the public. Also I would send IMS an email w/the same question, or better yet call them and talk to a real person. Good luck!

Racer#213

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 14, 2002
i e-mailed IMS, they told me that it is a 2.6 gallon tank, for 225. i searched clarkes sight, and didn't find any for my bike. i'll check a gian though

Racer#213

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 14, 2002
oh yea, and i think i've read that artilcle. did it have pc pipes on it, with a cobra end cap? and was the double test of DA kx500 and kx250? was there a honda on the corner turning? i think my friend has it and i borrowed it.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Glad to here you found it Racer#213. I've yet to see any tanks for minis from clarke so they may very well not have. Just another possible option I thought I'd throw at ya. ;) Ims is a little more expensive, but if they're the only ones who have it I guess thats who you'll have to go with. And yes that is the article I'm talking about. Heres hoping you like your new tank. :thumb:

Racer#213

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 14, 2002
ok, IMS told me that it is a 2.6 gal, and i e-mailed Rocky mountain and they have a 2.4 gal tank. Would the extra.2 gal be worth the extra 25 dollers? Thank you. Now i just have to pray that my parents get it for me for my birthdya. If not i have to wait till i get enough from my job and hope i don't have to do any other expensive stuff, but i'll definantely have it by the end of july.

Top Bottom