jmutiger

Oct 10, 2001
I have a 2002 YZ250, which I'll be racing the Canadian National Enduro's and Hare Scrambles on.. I want to know which tank people like better? IMS or Clarke?

Would you recommend getting a Reserve petcock?

How about a quick fill tank? <Are there any disadvantages to these things?

One other question.. Flywheel weights.. I've heard from one source that the YZ250 doesn't like having a flywheel weight added for one reason, the crank isn't strong enough to support the additional weight. Is this true?

And for a final thought.. Has anyone tried a torque ring exhaust spacer on a YZ250? I'd like to woodsize the power delivery as much as possible so after a 3hr I'm not burnt out completely.

Thanks,

Jon!

scottyr

Mar 12, 2000
Hey Jon,when did you get the YZ? Where did you buy it? I definitely would recommend the Clarke. Email me and I will get you a good price on one.

Scott

Oct 10, 2000
You don't need the 2nd petcock on the Clarke tank. "Some" fuel does sit lower on the side by the rear brake, but splashes over while riding and is a non issue.

Get the Clarke :)

Also when you get a new tank blow out the plastic shavings that will be inside from when it was made, I forgot to do that and had my new tank on and was about to pour in the first gallon of gas when I saw plastic shavings in the bottom and had to take her back off and take care of it.

jmutiger

Oct 10, 2001
Hey Scotty,

My Boss talked to John Nelson at Machine Racing, and got me a wicked deal on a bike.. It's Glen Buchannon's Enduro bike, which wasn't his primary race bike.. Supposedly it has 10 hrs on it since new.

Anyways, I'll call you for sure.. I'm looking forward to some fun track days on a MX bike for a change :)

Jon!

Top Bottom